What's new

Powdered Kava Review Sol Blend

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
LunaKava sent me a 1/2 lbs of this for free due to a bad experience I had with another one of their products, that alone speaks volumes of this vendor. I tried this kava this last Friday, after a long week.

The taste reminds me of Borongoru mixed with something lighter, maybe Lawena, it's slightly peppery but not by much.

What I consider a shell is far from the standard 4-6oz serving, on my first wash, I drank about 500ml (within 45 minutes). The onset was within 20 minutes of drinking it, I felt a noticeable wave of warmth and body relaxation. I also got a surprising wave of euphoria that I usually associate with a headier kava. This blend had the best of both worlds within the hour, pleasant headiness but with more pronounced body relaxation and sedative effects. What really impressed me is that I didn't get that feeling of tiredness usually associated with heavier kavas.

About 1 1/2 hours into the experience, I felt even more relaxed the headiness subsided and was replaced with a wonderful sedative feeling, I didn't feel heavy but light and my head was tingling, as if the kava was massaging my brain.
About 3 hours in I was still feeling wonderful and still on the first wash. I distinctly remember feeling good for a solid 5 hours and at that point I decided to do a second wash.

The second wash sealed the deal and my night with no desire to drink anymore kava but enjoying every moment for another 4 hours until I decided it was bed time. I slept like a baby and as many others have described, I was asleep within minutes.

This is going to be something I will most definitely want to have on my kava arsenal, overall it is a wonderfully balanced kava with excellent sedating properties without knocking you out.

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Wow, sounds like a must have for me. I can't tell how sedative it was for you because it sounds like you had no problem staying up but you gave it a very high score for sedation. Is it less sedative than maybe nene?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Wow, sounds like a must have for me. I can't tell how sedative it was for you because it sounds like you had no problem staying up but you gave it a very high score for sedation. Is it less sedative than maybe nene?
After the second wash, I stayed up out of stubbornness, It made me tired in a really nice way, similar to nene