What's new

Powdered Kava Review Solomon Island

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I can bring up the editing window, but it goes beyond the bottom of my browser and has no way for me to reach the bottom of it.

D

Deleted User01

I can bring up the editing window, but it goes beyond the bottom of my browser and has no way for me to reach the bottom of it.
Hey Shakas, how does it feel to go through the HeadHodge grinder for a Kava that you didn't even like. Oh yeah, I'm a rabble rouser.:smuggrin:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Thanks, that's the same problem Henry G. is experiencing. I don't have any problems myself, but I also don't have the same permissions either.
Any thoughts @Kapmcrunk ?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
puttin' me through the medium grinder, with some small powder.

...I checked on IE too, it does the same thing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@shakas
That's strange. You don't have your screen zoomed in do you? Hold control and press the - button next to the zero key above your letter keys and see if that brings things more into focus.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
naw, im at 100% ...everything else fits. it's just that static, edit review fields pop-up page doesn't have a scroll bar and the when i drag the 'main' chrome scroll bar down completely...the edit page is still partially out of sight.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
for now, I just updated the grind size section and went into 25% browser size to click the save button. (y)

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
So far...I've come to the conclusion that the all around best kava, for me, is Fiji Waka. It's the closest thing to being a reasonably strong full spectrum kava. It's much like stone & boroguru, which I also like...but I think it may have a bit more kavain. I've realized I require a noticeable body buzz to be fully satisfied with a kava, perhaps because my anxiety is often manifested as unnecessary muscle tension. I've never had any Fiji from the online vendors, so I can't say for sure if the kind I get is equal to the others, but I do know that the word Waka is always a plus for me. Those lateral roots really do me right.

When it comes to light/uplifting/heady kavas, the only ones that fit the bill, for me, are the ones I describe as being creamy, buttery and almost good tasting. I consider them all mild and find they have almost no effect on my body or coordination. They're good if I still intend on being out and about. Kavaboy's Tongan, Rex's older batches of Tongan Pride, HKC Mo'i, Kalm & Ozia are ones I've tried in this catagory . I think these might all be considered 'WHITE' kava (except kalm and ozia, of course), ones usually made of the kavain heavy root stump, I believe. They are also the easiest on my stomach.
Anything else...like Solomon, Melo Melo or Mahakea are still too sedating and slightly stomach upsetting for me to really want to use while I'm still actively doing things.

Ideally I could have a kava with the flavor and ease on my GI as the white kava but with the full effects of waka/boroguru types. I've tried mixing the two, to try to get the best of both worlds. But I've found when ever I mix two opposite kavas in one batch, I just end up with a lessened experience on both ends of the spectrum. When I try this again in the future, I'll make a full batch of each kava...and then drink them seperately, as needed.
Hey there. Sorry, this post was obviously ridiculously long ago, and I'm sure you have picked up so much experienced and learnt so much more about kava usage in this time you certainly strike me as being very experienced and knowledgeable on it.

So please excuse me digging up such an old post I'm just generally educating myself and learning from the wise and experienced with random searches.

I started using kava regularly myself about November and I still have have so much to learn and discover about it especially when it comes to specific cultivars and how to dose.

I have used cannabis since 1997, but only pure outdoor organic, fully cured herb since I developed severe Lyme Disease in 2005, which flipped my world upside down and destroyed everything.

But I have always mixed and matched my cannabis strains for aporeciable synergy.

I have an OCD and undecided nature as well. So I am typically mixing my Kava strains.

Eg- I may do 15 or 20 max grams Gourmet Hawaian M'oi in one Aluball- one wash.
Followed by 15 or 20 grams Melo Melo.

Followed by 15 grams Gourmet Savusavu (I absolutely love that particular kava have you tried it from Kavatime? It's heady, but so deeply rekaxing both mentally and physically superb for my anxiety and depression but not too heavy or sedating in anyway and not jittery or rushy either).

Also, once sufficiently imbibed, like 30 grams upwards, the effect is very long lasting without tapering off. I also definitely notice the distinct smoky taste from the way that they dry this particular gourmet Savusavu.

I'm a little surprised I don't hear more or report and praise for this one.

Anyway, tonight my first shell was an even 20 gram mix of GHK M'oi, and Kavaroots Tongan choice. It was really lovely.

Followed by a 20 gram Aluball of Kelai.

Just wanted to chime in and share my limited experience on compulsively mixing any strains at hand lol. Terrific effect, but when I go back to using the blender method again I expect I will experiments more with using singular strains or larger batches at a time.