What's new

Solomon Kava

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
With its potent head buzz and deep body relaxing effect, this is now my favorite nightly drinking Kava. No next-day effect, coupled with a quick, holistic buzz. Gotta love it.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
i have just drank 2 second wash shells, and 1 1st wash shell, about to take 2nd of the 1st wash.. haven't noticed much yet, perhaps i still need to pay my dues...

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Got absolutely krunk last night on Solomon. Drank about 5 strong shells and felt like I was body surfing through the night.

kl.chuckboycejr

Kava Curious
just had a shell of Solomon. ahhh.   Solomon is the only kava I have tried and I use 1 cup of kava to 4 cups of water. very nice.  even next day I am less anxious and frustrated over little things.
I ordered me some Malekula Magic and look forward to trying that as well.
I want to buy an acoustic guitar and start playing again.  I think the kava is helping me get my groove back on.
bula.

kl.chuckboycejr

Kava Curious
Malekula Magic is a good kava if I need to relax and get reading done, but I must say that I really love Solomon Island kava.  I sleep much better and find the session more enjoyable.
The only issue with Solomon is if I drink too many shells I feel groggy the next day whereas  Malekula Magic doesn't have this effect.  Solomon is very strong kava and needs to be respected.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Yup, Solomon must indeed be respected. It is the most potent Kava on the market right now. I agree though, it hurts a bit the next day if you've krunked out enough. Works well in Melanesia but not here.

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
Have been using 2 tbsp to 2 cups of water on most occasions. Worked well. A few times I've used 4 tbsp to 2 cups. Normally that works out fine. Tonight it hit me stronger than usual and lasted longer than I'd expected. Ended up with a bit of a headache, some mild nausea. Finished my last shell around 4 hrs ago and still feeling it a bit. Might have been the environment. TV was on.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
I hate hate hate hate hate the mild nausea.. If it happens again you could try using 1:1 ratio of water and milk in your batch to see if that helps, it helped me quite a bit, especially with stone. And not sure about the tv, I usually always have that on behind me when im on the computer.

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
It could be because I'm hypersensitive to noise and light to begin with. I was wondering if I might have more of an issue with lights and noise than most when I've taken kava for that reason.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I've found Fire Island is the best kava for being around noise and lights. Since I'm out, and VSK hasn't shipped me any (and I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff, just different branding), I'm going to see if a gallon of Tongan can get me through being around all the Royal Pains at Buckingham during New Years Weekend.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Ah. I may have to purchase more Fire Island for a side-by-side comparison. I drank everything except for running water in the bags.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Fire Island is closer to Stone? I've never had Stone. I was thinking of picking up some February or March. Better taste is always nice. I'm hoping I can pick up my package around 9 or 9:30 on Wednesday. The postman did try to have the palace guard sign for it, but the guy just stood there totally motionless. I really gotta stop spiking their kool-aide, but it's such a tourist attraction.