What's new

Solomons!!

Ok, go to Nakamal's site, click kava deals, then click the kava tab and you'll see Solomons. They have 50 of each size I believe, get it while the gettings good! Sorry to all those who wished it to remain their little secret : )

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh snap. Good find. I've heard great things about the Solomon Kava from N@H. I wish my pantry weren't full of kava so I could order some....now that I think of it I'm quite excited that my pantry is full of kava. Thank you for sharing that!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Wow. Wish I hadn't just spent my kava budget else where. Please report back as soon as you try this guys.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
WOW.

just ordered some

so excited to try it, ive only read stories about solomons, never had it before

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
So it's finally back. You'll all have to tell me if it's anything like the stock from way back in the day. I didn't particularly care for it when I tried it last time.

porsche11

Kava Curious
Wow! This is serious! I've tried a lot of kava and this is my first Solomon. Im feeling this like crazy, even slurring my words. 7 TBS to 3 cups of water. I'm a fan of high kavain and this is definitely hitting the spot, very cerebral. Music sounds amazing and I can't stop smiling!

Steve973

Kava Curious
To my surprise, the Solomon Islands kava arrived today. It smelled really fresh, and although it's a powder that's not clumpy, it seems almost oily. I scooped up 1/3 of a cup and put it into a blender with a tablespoon of MCT oil (for those who don't know, it's the concentrated good fat that comes from coconut oil or palm oil) and a cup and a third of warm water. I blended it for a minute or so, and I have found this method to yield results that are at least as good as 10+ minutes of kneading. Then I squeezed it out and let it cool in the fridge until I was ready to drink it later. I haven't had this kind for a long time, and I have become quite a bit better-versed in kava varieties, and it tasted somewhat Tongan to me. That's really where the similarity stopped because it comes on fast, and it is much clearer, more cerebral, and much more powerfully relaxing than anything I have sipped from Tonga. This one is absolutely as unique as I remember it. With this one, I experience great clarity, sharpness of concentration, and an excellent sense of well-being and pure calmness. I think that this one is quite perfect. It remains my #1 kava of all time. That being said, I am looking forward to comparing/contrasting it with koniak on Monday night.

hyperdown

Kava Curious
Dustmanfl1984 said:
Ok, go to Nakamal's site, click kava deals, then click the kava tab and you'll see Solomons. They have 50 of each size I believe, get it while the gettings good! Sorry to all those who wished it to remain their little secret : )
Thanks a bunch for the heads up, Dustman.  I got ahold of some of this over the weekend, very nice!  Heady, not krunky.  How do you know they have 50 units of each size?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just did a quick prep of 3 tablespoons and 1 3/4 cups of room temp water. Threw that into the vacuum chamber to pull the water into the fibers and squeezed for maybe 4 or 5 minutes. Drank that in two shells and oh my god. Incapacitating is the only way I can quantify the proceeding effects. I have yet to experience more profound effects from such a small amount of kava. Also the flavor had a more floral tone to it, very different from what I'm use to. If you don't mind the premium price from N@H, do yourself a favor and try this killer root. Your couch and the wall you'll stare at blankly will thank you.

Steve973

Kava Curious
Krunkedout, I tried the Koniak tonight. I tried a quarter of a cup mixed in a little over a cup of water. The two taste really different. I thought that SI tasted a bit like Tongan kava, and the pine flavor of the Koniak reminded me somewhat of chief's jungle. The effects, to me, are quite different as well. SI is so unique that they can't quite be compared. I'll need a bit more time with the Koniak to really be sure, though. The SI is much more cerebral, promoting a really cool focus and clarity with its relaxation. I feel that the Koniak gives you a bit of everything in the mind/body spectrum. So if you try it also, I would like to hear what you think. They are both great, and as I get more acquainted with Koniak, I will elaborate a little more. At the moment, I still put SI as my nambawan! :) I'm sorry that this is so brief, but I'm having trouble with comparing the two of them very well.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Has anyone who has tried the new koniak tried this? Would love to hear a comparison.
I have, but I would compare it more to Nambawan than Koniak.  

A driving, heady buzz, absolutely one of the strongest I've tried in the last two years.  Folks should be jumping on this.