What's new

Something like Wow?

Bodin

Hello--

I'm new to the world of kava, and wondered if I could post yet another suggestion thread, if nobody's sick of them yet.

I started out with a couple of bags of Kisa's, which had a good taste (no wincing or anything!), but it didn't do too much for me. Then, I tried some Wow, and WOW! Thanks Nak at Home, that hits the spot. I definitely felt its effects. After trying some Stone a few times, I've decided heavy isn't for me. It effects me sort of like Kisa's, not very noticeably--and then, since it's so strong I guess, when I drink a bunch of it, I don't feel so great.

I wanted to try some more heady kavas, so recently got some Taveuni's Secret. There is a good effect (a little on the more subtle side) which seems to last a while for me, but eventually I start to feel like I did with Stone--I'm assuming it's a balanced kava (maybe I'm wrong).

Anyway, I did some searching in the forums here--Pouni Ono seems like a good choice for someone seeking a heady kava? Is there some strong kava out there similar to Wow?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi there, I am not sure about wow, but perhaps the headiest kavas I know are Moi from GHK, Kelai from The kava Society of New Zealand, or a Lawena, Squanch comes to mind.

Kavas from Tonga tend to lean heady as well, like the Pouni Ono but further up the scale of headiness nowadays. The Pouni Ono 3-4 years ago was Excellent & super heady.