What's new

sore Muscles? First 7 people can try our new kava salve for free!

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Rules
You must email relax at paradisekava dot com  (not thru this post)
Subject - Dear Raquel, please send me a FREE KAVA SALVE SAMPLE.
Raquel, you're the best and we're glad you work at Paradise Kava. Insert another unique compliment here and you should be in her good books, a great idea for the time I am away.

Body must also contain your address.
US clients only please.

All we ask in return is honest feedback via email and perhaps a new thread here.

Cheers!
A.G

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
Sweet I was actually just telling my wife about this product in development yesterday after a hardcore workout that she was feeling

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Im excited about this. I hope they got my email. I was looking for a product that I could be site specific with.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I literally just set up a gmail account and sent my first email ever. Twice, that is, because I might have effed up the first one.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
wow, i hope i'm one of the 7!

I was also just telling my wife about this.

we both really need it.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
A necessary warning:

The batch you will receive has Cayenne CO2 and this creates quite a bit of heat.
If any one requesting this sample is averse to that, please let us know and we will not send it to you.

Our research indicates that this is a necessary element to pull blood into a tight and affected area, allowing the skin to dilate and therefore permitting the kava to vaso-dilate, or enter the skin.

Be careful what you touch after applying this salve. Wash hands thoroughly.

:)
A.G

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Wow sounds fantastic. I saw this thread and just sort of ignored it as I don't have any chronic muscle pain issues. Then I tweaked a muscle in my neck while lifting weights. Doh! Hope it works out.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Adil, sorry for no feedback yet. It's the first week we haven't had sore muscles all year. I'm sure we will be sore next week.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I had a chance to use the salve for the first time today. It was much different than I expected. After you had mentioned the capsaicin in the salve I was worried it was going to be a strong burning sensation, I've used prescription strength capsaicin in the past and it burns like crazy. But thats not the case with this salve, there was no burning sensation or heat at all for me, the only time i could tell there was capsaicin in it was when i took a shower later and hot water felt very hot on that area.

I also expected there to be some kind of numbing action from the kava, but I didnt really feel any numbing of any kind on my skin. But as for the results, I think it worked pretty good, I'll have to try again later and compare. I put it on a crazy big knot at my shoulder blade which may have been too strong of an ailment to tackle but i think it took away the pain, I'll have to try again to make sure i wasnt just wishing it to work well. It might be easier to tell on normal muscle ache how effective it works.

I'll try again later but so far it looks promising.

I love the smell and consistency btw, you could market it as a massage salve for masseuses, rubs in really well. imagine if you got kava rubbed on your whole body :)

jkw

Kava Curious
First I'd like to thank Adil and Raquel for sending me the free sample. I've tried out the salve now a couple of times so here are my experiences:

First try: A very small amount (maybe pea sized) applied on the back of my knee.  Did not feel much heat, only a tingling which was slightly annoying.  No big deal though, just wanted to make sure I wasn't allergic or anything.

Second try: A very liberal amount (not sure how much but maybe 3/4 tsp) applied to my upper back and shoulders.  My wife rubbed it in for maybe 5 minutes but stopped because it was irritating her forearms (they were red and itchy).  It felt very nice on my back though.  It started off feeling tingly, with a slight itch around the area it was applied to, but then progressed to a steady heat after a few minutes.  The aroma was pleasant and relaxing, but it did irritate the throat and nose making both my wife and I cough and my nose run slightly.  That would have been less of an issue if it wasn't applied in such close proximity to my head.  I put a shirt on to help contain the vapors.  The salve was applied around 9:30, and I had some kava from 10-10:30 and spent the evening chatting and then later playing some video games.  The heat level was fairly intense at times, it seemed to come and go in waves or at least I noticed it more at times than others, though there was always a baseline level of significant heat.  It felt very good.  Around 12:30am I left the salve on and hit the sack.  I had some very weird dreams from the kava as usual and woke up a few times feeling a bit uncomfortable from the heat, but I would quickly fall back asleep.  The heat lasted until at least 6 in the morning.  

Overall my impression is positive.  My wife commented on the great consistency and texture of the salve, and we both thought the aroma was pleasant.  The heat was intense at times and while I did not mind it and mostly really enjoyed it, it lasted longer than I wanted, and it did irritate my wife's arms when applying it.  I would caution against using as much as I did in one application.  I have not used any other salves that caused heat, so I don't have much to compare to.  I see mos3z says he did not notice any heat, so it seems like the heat scales with the amount used and you can find the right amount for the level of heat that you desire, which is good.  I did apply it to an area with sore muscles, and I did not notice any particular analgesic effect, and don't know if the addition of kavalactones is any improvement over the basic heat aspect of it, but it seems like a very decent salve regardless.

I will try it again on some more sore muscles earlier in the day maybe tomorrow and will report back again.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I was having spasms in my lower back. I recently had fusion surgery. I rubbed a small amount over and over, until I felt the heat. It took about ten minutes, and I used maybe 15% of the entire container on a one foot circle on my back. It felt exactly like I was laying on my heating pad, and this pleasant heat lasted easily six hours. I went from feeling very aggravated and useless from the spasms and mild pain to eventually being able to get up and finish my small tasks for the day. No, I didn't feel the kava effects throughout my mind and body, but I'm sure that's not the intention of this product. But i can honestly say this salve, used locally, is truely therapeutic. Since I used so much of it, I felt the need to keep my shirt on. And yes, my curiosity got the better of me, and I tasted a small sliver. Needless to say, I was sweating for well over an hour. I wouldn't suggest attempting to use it orally. Thank you Adil. I will be saving this salve for times of need!

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Thank you for the feedback! It will really help the second generation, towards the end of the year.

Keep the, coming guys!

A.G

kl.el187joker

Kava Enthusiast
thank you very much for the sample. i have used mine a few times on my lower back. the first thing i felt a tingling kind of itch almost to the applied area. that lasted a few minutes. then came the heat, oh yes the glorious heat. i was very soothing and relaxing and lasted a really long time. like around 5 or 6 hours.( the first time i took a shower about an hour after application, well not gonna do that again. it was super hot.and the intense heat lingered for almost about a half hour.) i did not really notice any numbing like i thought it would but it was very nice nonetheless. it did provide some good relief so i will definitely use it again.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I did some on my shoulder last night before bed, this time i rubbed it in longer and it started getting warm, but i didnt notice the heat after that. But when i woke up in the morning my shoulder was on fire, like jkw for me capsaicin comes in waves.

I would be curious to do a test side by side with straight capsaicin rub and compare them. Back when i used to used prescription strength capsaicin it was very powerful and the heat would district you from the pain. I wonder how much more adding the kava helps or if people just arent used to capsaicin rub.

I really like the smell, is there camphor in there? it reminds my wife of a massage place she used to go.

another question, I wonder if reverse tolerance would be an issue with this rub for people who dont drink kava.

I will try some on my wife later this week, she is usually sore after work.