What's new

*New Members* Say hello Sort of new to Kava (come say hello!)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh, like a gated community. Glad I didn't have to climb the fence for a change.
@Krunʞy works hard to weed out the spam, and keeps threads in order here on the forums. Without him it would be far far less organized. He does a fantastic job.

He is only sorta joking though ;)

The best thing about it is when we all come together over this awesome root, Piper Methysticum, we instantly have something in common.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
@Krunʞy works hard to weed out the spam, and keeps threads in order here on the forums. Without him it would be far far less organized. He does a fantastic job.

He is only sorta joking though ;)

The best thing about it is when we all come together over this awesome root, Piper Methysticum, we instantly have something in common.
Oooooohhh, ok then. I've noticed that the new people unaware of how to put effort into a search and who post stuff like "Please give me all the answers from A to Z, be detailed, and do the work for me" tend to go unanswered instead of getting flamed 4000 times. Thats different in a good way.

I was going to suggest that you may want to put up a banner or something, maybe a ribbon or small piece of yarn that states "Please use the search function before posting or check the FAQ...blah blah..". It might cut down on those types of posts by one or two. Maybe.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Hi, and welcome here. I will keep this brief, because it is a rare occasion when I am having to type with one eye closed.

I tried the Kavasociety Borongoru today for the first time. It's potency really surprised me.

And there is an immediate bright mood uplift and relaxed mental feeling.

Damn it's really got me today though, I wasn't expecting it, for me, easily the most potent of KSNZ's great kavas.

Im not saying potency is everything at all, just making that point.

But the Borongoru is both very strong and instant, and pleasant and enjoyable.

I did have 15 grams Ofa's Kava this morning, about 50 grams of the Borongoru. I had to leave 3 quarters of it earlier after the first 3 small, dense shells anhialated me.

I recooped, finished it this evening with a 5 gram instant dose. So I would call that 75 grams worth.

But the Borongoru really has hit me as hard today, itself, as any other kava in house or possibly tried to date.
One eye closed?! Are you a newly indoctrinated pirate or is that the result of the kava?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'm guessing the kava is the potentiator, given that it's only a partial gaba agonist. I recall a couple of times waiting for kava induced anxiety to wear off, and having to take a pill to make it go away because it didn't depart on it's own. That was more necessity than accommodation though. Seemed crazy and backwards to me. I always assumed that people took kava with benzos because they didn't have enough pills to "get there".
Right on with that one. In my experience and by estimate, I would say that kava virtually doubles the effect.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
One eye closed?! Are you a newly indoctrinated pirate or is that the result of the kava?
I have drunk daily for over 13.5 months now. I push personal boundaries always, but rarely do I accidentally reach such a level of inebriation as to be dizzy, non functional, room spinning, double vision.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was going to suggest that you may want to put up a banner or something, maybe a ribbon or small piece of yarn that states "Please use the search function before posting or check the FAQ...blah blah..". It might cut down on those types of posts by one or two. Maybe.
Maybe we can stick this one here since we go it going pretty good and let people keep jumping in introducing themselves, a sort of introduce yourself kinda main thread if @Fushi88's cool with it.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Right on with that one. In my experience and by estimate, I would say that kava virtually doubles the effect.
Wow. That could be a real benefit in terms of lowering a benzo dosage. I realize that's not where you were going with this. I gave it a whirl last night. Not because I wanted to, but I waited all day for kava to arrive and I had terrible anxiety. After taking large servings of a bunch of supplements to no avail, I finally got the kava. 20g micronized didn't touch the anxiety. In fact, this particular type made it worse I think. I finally said fck it and took a dusty 1mg Ativan. That barely worked. I remembered what you said, so I took another 20mg. The anxiety went away, but I was deathly tired. I don't really get the nice "forced relaxation" from benzos, I think its happened 3 times that I recall. Maybe it works better with Xans, but in the past I've had to take 2 Ativans just to get to sleep. I'm tapering off K@, so the Ativan will prolly be coming out for a week or 2. If I could take 1 to sleep instead of 2, that would be great. I appreciate your input, thank you.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I'm guessing the kava is the potentiator, given that it's only a partial gaba agonist. I recall a couple of times waiting for kava induced anxiety to wear off, and having to take a pill to make it go away because it didn't depart on it's own. That was more necessity than accommodation though. Seemed crazy and backwards to me. I always assumed that people took kava with benzos because they didn't have enough pills to "get there".
Just remember: Meditation > Medication

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Done.

I changed the tittle, can't think of anything better atm, we can always edit it later. :)
You had better change the title of "tittle", or people may get the wrong idea har dee har har...

If I may be an interloper, I would seriously suggest just a VERY noticeable banner across the main page.

People seeing what I said is dependent on their reading this thread. They won't and don't, from experience. They're gonna post their question, and it's gonna go unanswered. They'll feel rejected because they didn't have sense enough to actually LOOK around, aren't aware that people get tired of their approach, and there will be a bunch of dead thread starts. I'm not a web dev, but I play one on TV. I'd be happy to help by writing the verbiage and you can plop it in place. Totally up to you, but it may stop some nonsense before it starts.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Just remember: Meditation > Medication
Thanks. I'm working on that as well as breathing exercises. Peeps seem to love that Wim Hof character. I'm not fond of pharma per se, but it has it's place. I didn't even consider it yesterday though. The K@ reduction plays a large role. If you've ever gotten the after-drinking unbearable anxiety where you "need" a drink to get rid of it, you know what I mean.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Thanks. I'm working on that as well as breathing exercises. Peeps seem to love that Wim Hof character. I'm not fond of pharma per se, but it has it's place. I didn't even consider it yesterday though. The K@ reduction plays a large role. If you've ever gotten the after-drinking unbearable anxiety where you "need" a drink to get rid of it, you know what I mean.
Unfortunately, I know that feeling very well. Used to drink 24 beers a day. Don't drink at all now. I've been through physical withdrawals more time than I can count. I don't plan on ever going through them again. And yes Wim Hoff is amazing and inspiring, especially since he demands that scientists study him and his methodology with experiments and testing to validate his claims. It separates him from the other wu wu gurus.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
You had better change the title of "tittle", or people may get the wrong idea har dee har har...

If I may be an interloper, I would seriously suggest just a VERY noticeable banner across the main page.

People seeing what I said is dependent on their reading this thread. They won't and don't, from experience. They're gonna post their question, and it's gonna go unanswered. They'll feel rejected because they didn't have sense enough to actually LOOK around, aren't aware that people get tired of their approach, and there will be a bunch of dead thread starts. I'm not a web dev, but I play one on TV. I'd be happy to help by writing the verbiage and you can plop it in place. Totally up to you, but it may stop some nonsense before it starts.
We really do our best to answer all questions but as you said, some go unanswered.

The search option is really the best way to go, I still use it frequently.

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Unfortunately, I know that feeling very well. Used to drink 24 beers a day. Don't drink at all now. I've been through physical withdrawals more time than I can count. I don't plan on ever going through them again. And yes Wim Hoff is amazing and inspiring, especially since he demands that scientists study him and his methodology with experiments and testing to validate his claims. It separates him from the other wu wu gurus.
I had a feeling you'd know what I was talking about.
We really do our best to answer all questions but as you said, some go unanswered.

Well,

I'm just suggesting a more "nip it in the bud" approach. I know enough to search, as I'm sure others do as well. People's first instinct when they're new seems to be to just post a question before searching, and it seems to be one that's already covered. I've responded to 2 older questions that had no responses, so if nothing else, it may eliminate some "clutter".

Totally up to you. Just a suggestion, its not my show. Maybe you guys need a "fielder" position if you want to try to answer those questions though. Both were based on kava to help with a dependency, so its certainly not a terrible policy to answer those in particular.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Wow. That could be a real benefit in terms of lowering a benzo dosage. I realize that's not where you were going with this. I gave it a whirl last night. Not because I wanted to, but I waited all day for kava to arrive and I had terrible anxiety. After taking large servings of a bunch of supplements to no avail, I finally got the kava. 20g micronized didn't touch the anxiety. In fact, this particular type made it worse I think. I finally said fck it and took a dusty 1mg Ativan. That barely worked. I remembered what you said, so I took another 20mg. The anxiety went away, but I was deathly tired. I don't really get the nice "forced relaxation" from benzos, I think its happened 3 times that I recall. Maybe it works better with Xans, but in the past I've had to take 2 Ativans just to get to sleep. I'm tapering off K@, so the Ativan will prolly be coming out for a week or 2. If I could take 1 to sleep instead of 2, that would be great. I appreciate your input, thank you.
You are doing much better than myself in this regard. Due to severe allergies, only pure Etizolam is tolerable to me, and due to the most extreme anxiety disorder and general high level of pain, throughout this horrendous past year forr everybody, my psychological dependance has gone through the roof.

10 to 15 mg's a day, equivalent to 100-150 mg's Vals effectively.

Some benzos have more potential for euphoria, Etiz being one.

Kava can ironically spur a bit of anxiety, it's not so uncommon, but specific cultivar plays a big part, in relation to our own individual constitution.

The KS Borongoru I first tried yesterday, I would say is one of the best kavas I have tried so far for calming anxiety.

If you are committed, determined, have sufficient support, and find which specific Kavas suit your needs best, Kava can unquestionably help you with dependance, tapering, and withdrawal endurance with Benzos, K@ or Alcohol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Maybe you guys need a "fielder" position if you want to try to answer those questions though. Both were based on kava to help with a dependency, so its certainly not a terrible policy to answer those in particular.
We always welcome the help, a large part of what makes this place work is you guys anyway, while true many post right away for a quick answer without searching, many of these users come and go, which is perfectly ok as well.

A little before your time, I went through the kava lounge and eventually all the other forums and created what you see today under health and wellness, (with 2 sub forums as well as the 2 sub forums in New members), to gather the most frequently asked questions. Believe me this place was way worst before and since I am a little OCD about that stuff, I figured, why not.

Jacob Bula

Nobody

It seems to me what sets this forum apart from others is that most members want to help and like talking about kava. It's not a burden, it brings joy. I frequently scroll kava reddit to answer the same question for the tenth time as well, because unlike work where people start to get annoyed at constant kava conversation, here it is appreciated! I think we all enjoy speaking to others about kava, because of the exclusivity of the club and, for the most part, there are not many people to talk to about kava locally.