What's new

*New Members* Say hello Sort of new to Kava (come say hello!)

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
OK, one last question ( I think, but i searched first and didn't find anything so I promise I'm not trying to blow you guys up with questions) NA Beer is less than .5% Alcohol. If I wanted to have one would that small amount be of any concern?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
OK, one last question ( I think, but i searched first and didn't find anything so I promise I'm not trying to blow you guys up with questions) NA Beer is less than .5% Alcohol. If I wanted to have one would that small amount be of any concern?
Hey, we exist to get questions :)

NA Beer is no problem. I believe this would be similar to kombucha, and they sell that at kava bars pretty ubiquitously.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I just want to say this is hands down the most supportive, friendliest forum I've ever been apart of.
I can confirm this. I'm in several forums, but this here is the friendliest place of all.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate and ask them here. This is your thread. :D

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
OK so I did think of one....I'm going to be playing a little DnD later and figured I'd enjoy a little Kava during. Earlier I mixed with apple juice and that was fine. But I make an Iced herbal blend of Rooibos, Lemongrass, and Hibiscus. Could I add the kava to that? I wasn't sure if other herbs (or those specifically) could interfere.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
OK so I did think of one....I'm going to be playing a little DnD later and figured I'd enjoy a little Kava during. Earlier I mixed with apple juice and that was fine. But I make an Iced herbal blend of Rooibos, Lemongrass, and Hibiscus. Could I add the kava to that? I wasn't sure if other herbs (or those specifically) could interfere.
You're good to go. Nothing there looks like it would interfere with kava.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
OK...so that resulted in a massive amount of clumped up Kava at the bottom despite the stirring....too much ice/too cold?
I ended up adding room temp water at the end and shaking the shit out of it. THat seemed to work. I also suspect that I'm about to get a lot of relaxation all at once O.O
I thought it was a little weak...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
OK...so that resulted in a massive amount of clumped up Kava at the bottom despite the stirring....too much ice/too cold?
I ended up adding room temp water at the end and shaking the shit out of it. THat seemed to work. I also suspect that I'm about to get a lot of relaxation all at once O.O
I thought it was a little weak...
A good way to get around this is to add about 1/3 of whatever your liquid is to your container. Add the powder in, and stir it up well in that 1/3 liquid. It makes it easier to get it really dissolved without splashing it everywhere.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
THat makes total sense...like when you're thickening a soup or stew. You add the flour to just a little bit in a separate bowl then add it to the rest to thicken it up.
::urock2::
That last bit felt more like a shot o_O A little on the gritty side.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
THat makes total sense...like when you're thickening a soup or stew. You add the flour to just a little bit in a separate bowl then add it to the rest to thicken it up.
::urock2::
That last bit felt more like a shot o_O A little on the gritty side.
It's the little things...
lol

For real though, kava is a process that every one of us continues on a daily basis. We hone our prep methods until we finally settle on one and roll with it. Everyone is just a little different, so don't be afraid to sample around. You may find a kava that works even better than the one you have now, because I've discovered that kava effects each one of us just a little differently.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I have no idea where or what to even look for in the next one...if it's more economical to not go the instant route it's something i'd like to explore.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have no idea where or what to even look for in the next one...if it's more economical to not go the instant route it's something i'd like to explore.
Oh definitely cheaper to go traditional medium grind. It just takes more work. You sort of pay for them to do that in the price of instant.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Any recommendations for me to have a look at?
Right now I'm having an amazing time with a new vendor, Fiji Vanua Kava. The malo tongan is just about to break into my top 2 spots for daily drinkers. I've been drinking it all week, and it's quite consistent, also really helps me sleep and I wake up feeling great. Be that as it may, not all kavas create the same effects for everyone. I would probably suggest a kalm with kava medium grind sample pack. It includes different kavas and strainer cloths in order to make them.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I'm looking into it now, as always, THANK YOU!'

Are there any vendors I should stay clear of? That maybe don't have the same quality standards? I doubt I'll wander to far away from anything you all recommend I just don't want to accidentally get something with mold or some shit that might kill me lol

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm looking into it now, as always, THANK YOU!'

Are there any vendors I should stay clear of? That maybe don't have the same quality standards? I doubt I'll wander to far away from anything you all recommend I just don't want to accidentally get something with mold or some shit that might kill me lol
If you keep your purchases to the vendors we talk about here on the forums and the ones listed as vendors, you shouldn't have any trouble. As always, if you have a question about a vendor, please share it with us, and we'll do our best to answer to the best of our ability.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So I still have these...I'd hate for them to go to waste. Any suggestion on what I can do with them? Break a couple open and make a tea out of them? Throw em out? Save for a rainy day?
20210115_221152.jpg

Attachments

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I still have these...I'd hate for them to go to waste. Any suggestion on what I can do with them? Break a couple open and make a tea out of them? Throw em out? Save for a rainy day? View attachment 11313
Save them, no harm in having a backup, I still keep Yogi tea bags around. I brew half the box, lol but thats not the point.