What's new

*New Members* Say hello Sort of new to Kava (come say hello!)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I wonder how many capsules is equivalent to a cup
It's difficult to make that calculation as we don't know what percentage kavalactones they're getting in that "400mg" of kava in the pills. I can guarantee that's not referring to the total kavalactone content. If that were the case one single pill would have you on a powerful lean :)

If I had to guess I would say somewhere around 5-6, but again that's totally a guess and probably off by a good factor.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Right now I'm having an amazing time with a new vendor, Fiji Vanua Kava. The malo tongan is just about to break into my top 2 spots for daily drinkers. I've been drinking it all week, and it's quite consistent, also really helps me sleep and I wake up feeling great. Be that as it may, not all kavas create the same effects for everyone. I would probably suggest a kalm with kava medium grind sample pack. It includes different kavas and strainer cloths in order to make them.
So Ordered the Premium Kava Starter Sample Pack and it came in the mail today, see?
2021-01-19.jpg

All is groovy, can't wait to try it...except one thing. There's another package containing this :

2021-01-19 (1).jpg

The only problem I didn't order this....I can't find anything in my Amazon orders, my email, or anything in my bank account that fits the bill. Could this have been somehow bundled into my order on purpose? Is Kavafied associated with Kalm With Kava?

I'm a little confused.....help

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So Ordered the Premium Kava Starter Sample Pack and it came in the mail today, see?
View attachment 11323

All is groovy, can't wait to try it...except one thing. There's another package containing this :

View attachment 11324

The only problem I didn't order this....I can't find anything in my Amazon orders, my email, or anything in my bank account that fits the bill. Could this have been somehow bundled into my order on purpose? Is Kavafied associated with Kalm With Kava?

I'm a little confused.....help
Wow! You were, in effect, struck by kava lightning. That looks like amazon messed up and dropped another bag of kava in your box. Savor this moment, lol

Edit: KWK and kavafied are definitely not the same people.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Is Kavafied an ok source? I'm still just a toe in this ocean of a world that is Kava so I'm sorry if that's a really dumb question hah

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Hey don't forget to report back on how the kava gets you today.
I dont make the rules, I just enforce them.::threaten::
Well at 3:00ish I tried the Loa Waka. It's great, I had two cups and am still feeling the residual chill even after eating. I sat on my couch and just chilled in silence then turned on the Switch for some casual nonsense before making dinner at 5.
In an hour or so I'll try either the Borongoru or the Kava Lapita as it seem those were intended for the evening.
Anyone have an opinion on what to try first??

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Well at 3:00ish I tried the Loa Waka. It's great, I had two cups and am still feeling the residual chill even after eating. I sat on my couch and just chilled in silence then turned on the Switch for some casual nonsense before making dinner at 5.
In an hour or so I'll try either the Borongoru or the Kava Lapita as it seem those were intended for the evening.
Anyone have an opinion on what to try first??
Never tried lapita from them, but it's a solomon islands kava which is my favorite. 90% of the kava I've had from there is a beautiful experience - so I suggest trying that one out!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I just want to say this is hands down the most supportive, friendliest forum I've ever been apart of.
We love you Fushi... (said in creepy 1970's cult tones) (joke)

Kavafied are one of the best. Any Tongan kava you can get your hands on try it, it's always awesome.

I still want you to try a heavy kava and report back... stone from N@H, Kavafied Supreme, GHK Hiwa, lots of options.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
20210119_214417.jpg

I don't have a proper shell so forgive me for using my marauders map soup bowl.
I went with the Solomon kava. I used my water kettle to get to 120 degrees, steeped for about 6 minutes, then did the kneading and squeezing bit for another 6 minutes. Added a darth vader helmet ice ball to chill and since they melt slow I won't water down the kava (I actually quite enjoy the flavor).
Currently hella relaxed and feeling it more in my body than mind so far.
Will I be able to do a second wash? Does anything change if I do in terms of process? How long should I wait if I do??

*update* tried the second wash. Steeped for ten minutes this time. Taste isn't as strong but still good, lips are numb again. Still riding this wave of relaxation.

Last edited:

TJrriffic

Porkchop Express Driver
Youre doing it! The 2nd and possibly 3rd washes will be weaker but ensure you're getting the most out of the grounds. Myself i am on my 2nd wash of nakamal at homes stone kava. Im pretty krunk. No, im def krunk but thats what I like. Kava can relieve your anxiety and relax or it can take you to the krunkmasterflex zone. Choose your own adventure.
Glad you're enjoying your own adventure with kava!

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Is there anything different about trying to do a third wash??? Longer steep or anything like that????

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Never tried lapita from them, but it's a solomon islands kava which is my favorite. 90% of the kava I've had from there is a beautiful experience - so I suggest trying that one out!
Man it was really good! I don't think it made me sleepy but it definitely helped me relax and fall asleep when I wanted to. It was a serene evening of sleep.

We love you Fushi... (said in creepy 1970's cult tones) (joke)

Kavafied are one of the best. Any Tongan kava you can get your hands on try it, it's always awesome.

I still want you to try a heavy kava and report back... stone from N@H, Kavafied Supreme, GHK Hiwa, lots of options.
I've seen the Supreme mentioned often, so I think I may go that route next!

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Wow! You were, in effect, struck by kava lightning. That looks like amazon messed up and dropped another bag of kava in your box. Savor this moment, lol

Edit: KWK and kavafied are definitely not the same people.
I figured it out! So, I had ordered a shell from Amazon, turns out it was through Kavafied. I checked my orders to see where my Shell was at, it said it was delivered - yesterday. It definitely didn't make it but that Kava Lapita that I certainly didn't order sure did.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I figured it out! So, I had ordered a shell from Amazon, turns out it was through Kavafied. I checked my orders to see where my Shell was at, it said it was delivered - yesterday. It definitely didn't make it but that Kava Lapita that I certainly didn't order sure did.
I think that Lapita was for me! Just ship it to my address lol. All jokes aside, I like the Lapita. For me it was an aphrodesiac that made me go forever though...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Shipping error in your favor: Collect 1/2 lb. kava upgrade.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I was thinking about trying the Kava Concentrate that came with that sampler today...does anyone know if it's something I should wait for the evening or safe to do in the afternoon? I'm not trying to take an early nap heh

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I was thinking about trying the Kava Concentrate that came with that sampler today...does anyone know if it's something I should wait for the evening or safe to do in the afternoon? I'm not trying to take an early nap heh
It would depend on the cultivar. What type of concentrate is it?