What's new

Spotted Hiwa Fresh Frozen Kava

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
Kapmcrunk said:
I recommend one half of one "brick". I'll pull out the serrated knife and turn on the hot water to keep the blade warm and saw 1 bag in half. That's usually my sweet spot with about 2 cups of water.
Jeez... the "1 pound per gallon" is a little off then...  I began with the impression that the fresh would be much stronger.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Whoa wow. I totally sized that wrong. 1/4 of one brick is what I make. Good god sorry about that one. Kap'm misinformation here.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Kavakrunked, we live in a world where a kava product is measured in terms of strength. This unfortunate judgement meter burys the glory that is Fresh Kava. Yes its expensive, yes it will take a third of a pound per sitting, minimum, for a heavy hitter like myself. But, the crown jewel of the kava world delivers like no other kava product. Its taste is sweet, and its effect is a sublime relaxation. Being the inventor of a superb product like PK's Kava extract, I can honestly say that even that is second only to Fresh Hawaiian Kava.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I think Mo3ez is right. Initially (even after drinking kava for quite a long time previously, and consecutively) I felt very little from Hawaiian awa. It was after I started regularly consuming the extract did the effects open up to me. It's the clarity of the experience that was alien to me. I'm used to kava being a "you'll be going to bed in.....scratch that, right now" kinda thing. The extract and the Awa powder leave you with an intense clarifying and uplifting yet relaxing effect that's completely cerebral. The fresh kava to me is as if you took all of the good qualities from kava overall and rolled them into one. Very euphoric, minimally sedating, and quite easy to drink. If I lived in Hawaii I'd probably be visiting the Paradise Kava office quite often for this. I'm sure most of the expense is rolled up into the shipping fee. 2nd day air from Hawaii....I'd hate to know how much of the price was actually shipping.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
paradisekava said:
Kavakrunked, we live in a world where a kava product is measured in terms of strength. This unfortunate judgement meter burys the glory that is Fresh Kava. Yes its expensive, yes it will take a third of a pound per sitting, minimum, for a heavy hitter like myself. But, the crown jewel of the kava world delivers like no other kava product. Its taste is sweet, and its effect is a sublime relaxation. Being the inventor of a superb product like PK's Kava extract, I can honestly say that even that is second only to Fresh Hawaiian Kava.
Adil, don't get me wrong.  I loved the kava.  I wanted to present an accurate review from my perspective.  You are right about the strength judgment meter.  Many people are simply looking for strength and complete a cost-benefit analysis of the kava they have purchased.  For those on tight budgets that want the most krunk for their dollar/euro/pound, it is probably not to be found in fresh-frozen.  That said, I would recommend that everyone who drinks kava have this experience at least once to judge for themselves.

Thanks again for making this available.