What's new

Spring general thread (Australia)

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Since we're now 18 pages deep in the general thread, thought I'd start one for the new season. How ya going, Aus kava lovers? What's in your tanoa?
I've been drinking Karan's and Nesai kava, loving the cheaper kavas popping up but haven't found a good affordable heady yet, which I prefer as my kava window is usually lunchtime. Got some KavaPros and Viti stock coming this week to try, will report back!
Speaking of tanoas, curious as to what you use to mix up your grog. I use an ancient plastic dough mixing bowl and would very much like to upgrade :dead: I'm a novice wood turner so reckon I'll give one a shot when I find the right log...

(Image added by Kapm)
IMG_2064.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Karans Kava

Quality Kava At An Affordable Price !
Australian Importer
Since we're now 18 pages deep in the general thread, thought I'd start one for the new season. How ya going, Aus kava lovers? What's in your tanoa?
I've been drinking Karan's and Nesai kava, loving the cheaper kavas popping up but haven't found a good affordable heady yet, which I prefer as my kava window is usually lunchtime. Got some KavaPros and Viti stock coming this week to try, will report back!
Speaking of tanoas, curious as to what you use to mix up your grog. I use an ancient plastic dough mixing bowl and would very much like to upgrade :dead: I'm a novice wood turner so reckon I'll give one a shot when I find the right log...

(Image added by Kapm)
View attachment 12711
that's a lot of Kava :)

Root & Pestle

Vanuatu Kava Exporter
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
Anyone in Melbourne got Kava they can spare for pick up? Happy to pay. I ordered from Root and Pestle but postage is taking forever.
We are so sorry to hear that you order is taking so long to reach you. Please send us your name or order number and will will be happy to look into this for you. [email protected]

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Fijiiiiiii please report on your kava experiences there!
I experienced chucking my pasty arse on a lounger by the pool for a week! :D

I did have the obligatory tiny shell of kava with a local village elder, but that was it.

I grabbed a kg in the hotel, a choice between Lami, or Fijikava :sick: for about 120aud, 250g airport kava (same brand as Paul's booze kava) for 25aud, and a couple kgs of waka from a kava shop in town near the hotel for about 40aud a kg! The shop smelled great, powder was hanging in the air from grinding, and big bundles of roots were being delivered while I was there. Hopefully it's the good stuff, will see later today..!