What's new

Squanch and my receptors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Since the begening of my kava journey, I've been starting to feel or not to feel some kava.

My level of expectation was very high with squaunch! Here is the list of kava I have experimented with (the 3 kwk wasn't my choice, it was what left on their end):
Kwk borogu
Kwk melomelo
Kwk pouni ono
BKH nambawan
Squanch waka
Squanch lawena

Until now, here are the ones that gives me real feel to the kava:
Borogu
Melomelo
Squanch lawena

The nambawan, pouni ono and squanch waka don't seem to be giving any interesting effect YET. I pee, I get dry eyes etc, but I don't get the thing.

I felt it surprising that I've got some mood lift from the lawena because I thougth that my receptors would be only breaked through the heavy chemotype. Strange thing that kava is!

Do you guys felt any harder effect with squaunch lawena then waka?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Since the begening of my kava journey, I've been starting to feel or not to feel some kava.

My level of expectation was very high with squaunch! Here is the list of kava I have experimented with (the 3 kwk wasn't my choice, it was what left on their end):
Kwk borogu
Kwk melomelo
Kwk pouni ono
BKH nambawan
Squanch waka
Squanch lawena

Until now, here are the ones that gives me real feel to the kava:
Borogu
Melomelo
Squanch lawena

The nambawan, pouni ono and squanch waka don't seem to be giving any interesting effect YET. I pee, I get dry eyes etc, but I don't get the thing.

I felt it surprising that I've got some mood lift from the lawena because I thougth that my receptors would be only breaked through the heavy chemotype. Strange thing that kava is!

Do you guys felt any harder effect with squaunch lawena then waka?
You are the first, I believe.

But since I know my wife and I vary in the way we respond to the same grog with the same chemtype, I figure we all do. Sure, some clusters in predictable patterns but also some extremely wide variation, basically the whole gamut aka enchilada.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
It is always a pleasure to savourate your kava experiences, it give me a focussed perspective of what should be a deep and crystal clear kava exploration! kind of a non-profane approach of the thing.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
In the past, a year ago, I liked the lawena better and found it stronger. Now a days I'm all about the waka and can't be bothered with the lawena.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone else tried this current batch to see if Maybe ismts just a little less potent than usual? I haven't had squanch in a good 6 months so im not up to date with current sightings.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Anyone else tried this current batch to see if Maybe ismts just a little less potent than usual? I haven't had squanch in a good 6 months so im not up to date with current sightings.
It has been pretty consistent within the last 3-4 months. Stony and mellow.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I don't want to disgrace their waka as I'm pretty newb and I might be more sensitive to heavier type as of yet. I'm sure squanch deserve their name!

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
It has been pretty consistent within the last 3-4 months. Stony and mellow.
I've had the Waka different times in the past several weeks and it hits me like a Fijian. Numb "chocolatey" taste, greasy feel in strainer bag, and balanced feel.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Just an update for the new year:. Squanch is still hitting strong and doing its job. The results (for me at least) is balanced between the cerebral/heady thing of a good fijian and the body soothing muscle relaxing of a strong Vanuatu kava. I love it. I do enjoy my heady centric Hawaiian and Tongan varieties of course, but Fijian Waka is always great and Squanch is high quality, fast shipping, and best of all...I know Squanchy drinks kava himself so he gets it and understands what we are looking for in good grog. Just remember squanch rhymes with launch which is what it will do to your mind! It is the most consistent and standard kava I've encountered. YMMV. Smells like nutmeg, looks like chocolate milk, and tastes like the muddy arse end of a woodchuck. But boy does it DELIVER! That Squanch juice, that black gold!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I almost hesitate to recommend this, because it is so strong, but I go ahead anyway because it is so nice, but have you ever tried triple-balling Squanch waka?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I prefer the headier spacey dreamy vibe of the Lawena when I am alone or when having shells with my old college buddy. He is a regular Waka drinker like me so I introduced him to the Lawena and we went deep but in that spacey heady deep. I find the Lawena works better when I have the house to myself and can really listen to it or with a good friend who wants to cackle the night away laughing and shelling. Otherwise I can get cranky if the outside world tries to pull me away from a heady krunk. So normal nights when I am not alone or at concerts with lots of people I like the more balanced Krunk of the Waka. I guess I find it much easier to listen to Waka over a crowd. And I have the house to myself tonight so I guess I test my best time to drink Lawena theory :)

Last edited:

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I have the waka on the way for tomorrow, I hear so many good things about it in reviews. I hope it's as potent as people say because I could really use a Borogu replacement that just as good or if lucky even better feeling. I'll know by tomorrow evening.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
they're both good but completely different, in taste, effect, gestalt, etc.
What's so different from your point of view, the waka is certainly unique here. Really happy, liquid like body feel I haven't felt like this before with nothing too heavy going on and more headspace. I could use a little more body to it but I like it. This is like the perfect night time chilling out in my room to music on the internet or good for something social if it's a relaxed environment kava, that's also the thing music sounds really good on this kind unlike to the degree I experienced with any others. Probably not going to be a regular cause I'm heady explosion spoiled but I'm keeping it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.