What's new

Powdered Kava Review Squanch Kava - Fiji Waka

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
My wife sat down with me to partake, of what was our first, but certainly not last foray into the siren song of the FABLED SQUANCH. Having heard so much about this I was anticipating this session with great eagerness. The first few sips were quite peppery. Mind you I don't mind the taste or the pepper flavor of Kava, I rather enjoy it, and with the Squanch I really enjoyed this notable effect. Taste was difficult for me to put my finger on. Grassy, earthy with a nutty undertone. For my wife, the nutty flavor was more greatly pronounced with licorice hints. The licorice taste I wasn't able to appreciate. Of note I made a small concentrated grog the following day, the taste can be quite powerful with this one, nothing subtle. The overall effects were quite pleasing and satisfying. For me the effects were balanced with a tilt toward heavy body effects, at one point it felt quite .....melty? My wife found it to be more heady. Later in the session it became sedating, but not overbearingly so. Heady kavas tend to be more sedating for me. I don't know if the Squanch has a PHD in economics, but a little goes a long way. . The second wash in the Vitamix appeared stronger with more fluid than the first go around with trad prep. The washes were as potent as some first runs with other kavas.
Wife rates 10/10- me too. Its going to be a go to Kava.

PROS:
All around SOLID Kava.
Balanced
Economical.
Wil Krunk you up!
CONS:
Mild nausea for my wife
Will win no taste competitions

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks a bunch mister NotKrunk.
It is interesting how many difference we can have from one guy to another.
I love the taste of this kava so much, I would buy it only for the taste and texture!
I've got only one pound of it in my life. I think I have to break through even more so I will reorder in the next few month.
Very cool to hear you feedback!

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
Thanks a bunch mister NotKrunk.
It is interesting how many difference we can have from one guy to another.
I love the taste of this kava so much, I would buy it only for the taste and texture!
I've got only one pound of it in my life. I think I have to break through even more so I will reorder in the next few month.
Very cool to hear you feedback!
Everyone is so different in relationship to Kava. That's why it's important to find the one that works for you. An example; heady kavas put me to sleep, heavy kavas tend not too, or not so much. This is usually different from what is generally experienced.