What's new

Powdered Kava Review Squanch Kava Fiji Waka

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I have been trying alot of new blends lately. This one has to be one of the best.

This is what I would call a perfect everyday kava. Some kavas slam you, some kavas wake you the hell up. This one is right in the perfect middle of the spectrum. It makes a darker brew, and it is perfectly balanced. The headiness is there and it is very enjoyable. I wish the reorder button had a "Hell Yes" on it. This will definitely be one of my daily kavas for a long, long time.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Haven't bought squanch in a while. Does it have the punchy onset still? In the past i considered it the strongest krunkiest heady dominant kava.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Haven't bought squanch in a while. Does it have the punchy onset still? In the past i considered it the strongest krunkiest heady dominant kava.
It definitely has a onset, and it is just fantastic. If you have not had it in a while, its definitely worth your investment.

Joannerd

Kava Curious
I received mine today! Squanch is so quick, I ordered it yesterday, expecting a delivery tomorrow, and was surprised a day early! Love the USPS!

Good news, I’m off work. Bad news, I ate a lot of food about 2 hours ago so I am forced to wait. But once 5 pm rolls around and my tummy is empty again, I’ll give it a go...I had a huge lunch though, so I think I need to make sure there is a 6 hour window.

I’m so happy, after reading your review it sounds great. I am having some major dental work done on Friday, I think this would be good to drink before my appointment.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I received mine today! Squanch is so quick, I ordered it yesterday, expecting a delivery tomorrow, and was surprised a day early! Love the USPS!

Good news, I’m off work. Bad news, I ate a lot of food about 2 hours ago so I am forced to wait. But once 5 pm rolls around and my tummy is empty again, I’ll give it a go...I had a huge lunch though, so I think I need to make sure there is a 6 hour window.

I’m so happy, after reading your review it sounds great. I am having some major dental work done on Friday, I think this would be good to drink before my appointment.
I always drink kava before a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning. Squanch is a little strong, though (in a good way) so be sure you are sure of the dose, maybe do a dry run or two first, before you go "live" I also find Squanch hits me sooner than other kavas. Where they might take 20 minutes to really kick in, Squanch kicks in almost immediately. Just a heads up. Might not apply to you, but it's still a good heads up. One shell to calm you down is a lot better than a bunch of shells to krunk you out, at least at the dentist office it is.

Joannerd

Kava Curious
I always drink kava before a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning. Squanch is a little strong, though (in a good way) so be sure you are sure of the dose, maybe do a dry run or two first, before you go "live" I also find Squanch hits me sooner than other kavas. Where they might take 20 minutes to really kick in, Squanch kicks in almost immediately. Just a heads up. Might not apply to you, but it's still a good heads up. One shell to calm you down is a lot better than a bunch of shells to krunk you out, at least at the dentist office it is.
She prescribes me Ativan, but when I try this tonight, if it relaxes me the way I think it will, I’ll have this instead. Since I don’t work again until tomorrow evening, I can see what it takes to get me krunk and just before, and use it as a reference before my appointment on Friday.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
She prescribes me Ativan, but when I try this tonight, if it relaxes me the way I think it will, I’ll have this instead. Since I don’t work again until tomorrow evening, I can see what it takes to get me krunk and just before, and use it as a reference before my appointment on Friday.
sounds like a plan!

Joannerd

Kava Curious
@Squanch72 i don’t know how to rate anything on here, but I drank my first shell and so far this is how it’s been:

So I chugged 8 oz, I waited 5.5 hrs after my last meal, I was too excited to keep waiting! I wasn’t expecting squanch until tomorrow, but since we are in the same state, it arrived the next day after I ate a huge lunch.

I used 1.5 TBS and added the hot water and flakes of coconut oil and shook it well- I shook the powder out of the ball before I added the hot water. Then I put it in the freezer for 20 mins and I chugged it.

I then took my second ball and added 1.5 TBS to that, shook it around in the plastic to shake off powder, added the original ball for its second wash and shook this time with 6 oz of water and some coconut oil.

It’s still in the freezer cooling. I loved the tingly numbness I can still feel the tingles on my throat. I feel so...happy, I just want to smile and count stars! After a few minutes, I’m going to drink the grog in the freezer, empty the original makas from the first infusion into a freezer bag, clean and dry that ball, and add 1.5 TBS of fresh squanch and keep the second ball there for its second wash.

The effects are subtle but I felt it. I want to smile, and I just feel happy. I didn’t know what people meant before when they said “not high, happy” and I get it. I have the day off tomorrow so I’m going to get krunk tonight. I’ll definitely drink this before my dental appointment Friday. I may mix one ball of waka waka pooka laka with the Borongorujiberiju so I can just lay there and drool as she drills around my teeth.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thank you :) I’m actually feeling pretty sedated. Is it because I should have waited longer after lunch? Or is that the RT? I was smiley and I just finished my third shell and I’m sleepy not euphoric.

I don’t particularly mind, it’s just a bit earlier than what I’m used to.
Might be a little bit of both, Squanch is excellent kava, maintain your daily dose, remember to get a good three washes out of the root and you'll be krunked before you know it.. ;)