What's new

Stackry no longer shipping kava to the UK (labelled as anything)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It seems that Stackry have become wise to the situation with kava in the UK. Even if you label it as something else they won't ship it. Another nail in the coffin for UK kava drinkers. Grrrrr.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Is that just Stackry or all of the US freight forwarders? It might be worth checking if the others are as thorough

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Is that just Stackry or all of the US freight forwarders? It might be worth checking if the others are as thorough

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm trying another one to see. Hopefully there will be a solution.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Now that's strange. Why do they even care? The import of kava is not illegal. You are explicitly importing it as pet supplement, which is totally fine.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Some more info... Ship7, another US based reshipper, does not allow you to write your own shipping label. The search continues for a better option.

Yvs

Kava Curious
Perhaps myus.com if the vendors can ship the kava labelled as tea/not for human consumption to the reshipper it could work.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Perhaps myus.com if the vendors can ship the kava labelled as tea/not for human consumption to the reshipper it could work.
Some vendors will but most won't and a lot of the reshippers actually open the parcels to inspect the contents. This is a problem as most vendors are sending kava in ready made packaging with kava labels all over.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about this.

Meanwhile NZ Post continues to deliver kava to the UK within 5 days (on average), despite covid. Not sure if they have some dedicated cargo plane (cuz Air NZ no longer flies to London), but hopefully they'll keep flying and delivering without any issues.
You have a reseller in poland and kwk does to, that might be an better option for people in europe?