What's new

Stackry not an option

Tictoc

What we need is a US based member to set up as a parcel forwarder.
The problem with that is they still have to obtain a list from the US customs on what they’re allowed and not allowed or this will jeopardise their existance. I recall receiving an email from them sometime back when I was making enquiries on bring my imports via Stackry and got a response, apologising that they no longer froward kava as it is not prohibited to be using the US as a transit point.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The problem with that is they still have to obtain a list from the US customs on what they’re allowed and not allowed or this will jeopardise their existance. I recall receiving an email from them sometime back when I was making enquiries on bring my imports via Stackry and got a response, apologising that they no longer froward kava as it is not prohibited to be using the US as a transit point.
An official business is no good. A bloke with a garage or in his bedroom would be fine. Shipping from a company in the US has more scrutiny than an individual sending a gift to his friend in the UK.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Haven’t they had their imports confiscated by their customs? Even the polish online shop don’t respond to online enquiries any longer.
I haven't heard about this but would be interested to find out. I send kava all over Europe with very few problems but again, try and turn it into an official company, like GKE/Kava Europe, and you get into trouble.

markosheehan

Kava Curious
This is just to the UK and Germany. I am from Ireland. I contacted them and asked them could they send it onto ireland cause we have no rules against kava importing or in general against kava and they said its up to me at my own risk. They will forward it so long as you are not from UK or Germany

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
This is just to the UK and Germany. I am from Ireland. I contacted them and asked them could they send it onto ireland cause we have no rules against kava importing or in general against kava and they said its up to me at my own risk. They will forward it so long as you are not from UK or Germany
when where you in contact with them? Strange that they aren't more specific. This was the answer i got from them

(Stackry Support)
May 4, 10:07 EDT
Michael,

Kava become a prohibited item recently, especially in European countries. Kava isn't officially banned in most countries but many countries issued an advisory to consumers that kava might lead to severe liver injury. Many of our shipment containing Kava has been refused by foreign customs and sent back to us.

Best,
xxx

Last edited: