What's new

Stone for anxiety?

Hey guys, I just ordered some Stone and am wondering how it works terms of relieving anxiety. So far I've tried Tongan Pride by KBR, Fu'u and Boroguru from BKH, and have only gotten minor effects in terms of anxiety relief (maybe still going through reverse tolerance). 
Thanks y'all BULA yo!!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Just keep trying as many different kinds kava as you can. If you're still fairly new to kava you'll get there eventually.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
Stone is pretty physical and heavy as well as sedating. It would make for a good at home chill out as would boroguro as they both have high DHM levels. It really depends what kavalactones your body responds well to, it varies from person to person. The most sedating variety I have found was tudei from KBR but they have been out of stock for a while.

kl.icky

Kava Curious
I know these are old posts; just wanna say...

I just tried Stone for the first time, and I actually feel anxious! I don't know what it is; I wasn't expecting the heavy hit of it, maybe. I had about 2 shells and whoaaah... my limbs are heavy, I'm dizzy, my hearing is weird/off. I never felt this way with kava before; and granted, I'm still pretty new at this. Don't know what it is... maybe because this time I had an actual empty stomach?!

Anyway, I know these experiences vary with everyone, but just wanna give a heads up about this. I can easily see myself getting panicky... gonna take the appropriate measures; chill on couch, limit interaction, hydrate with some coco water, and pick out some choice music.

kavalover

Outsider
Sounds like you entered the krunk land a bit further than you planned to. lol. I've had that happen plenty of times, with a similar experience. Heavy limbs, balance and a weird kind of dizziness as if my inner ear functions went on vacation, droopy wandering eyes. It's strange. The strangest part of drinking a bit too much kava is how my eyes start to behave - I can control them, but they feel so relaxed that everything is a bit delayed. Like how an old movie will kinda "flang" if that makes any sense. These symptoms are when I know I should probably just go to bed.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Its so strange how kava affects everyone different.
I've been trying every variety for anxiety and back pain.
so far Stone is the best for me for anxiety, i felt incredible with barely any stoned feeling.
It was 90% head, 10% body. It worked great for me for anxiety and stress but I'm also looking for a muscle relaxer for my back.
So far Black Sands works the best for me for the back, its actually been strong enough to replace my flexeril and vicodin.
Its strange, chiefs jungle barely did anything at all to me, and everyone keeps saying how crazy strong that is.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
This new batch of stone that just got in may 2012 is friggin brutal and wickedly potent. I just got 1/2 kg as I've been drinking boroguro and tudei for some time and wanted to stone another shot. I remember it being potent but not this friggin strong. I actually puked and passed out for my first time in over a year of drinking kava from the new batch. I made about a gallon with a fat cup of root and left in the fridge for the next day. I woke up and had a big shell, (I got my shell from BKH and is huge. I actually measured to see how much it holds the next day after and found it holds 3 1/2 cups.) followed by another and that was way too much. I couldn't move and got crazy spins and this crazy buzz where I felt like I was swinging on a trapeze, that led to having to lay down and then roll over to prevent looking at the spinning and eventually to barfing. Long story short respect the stone and try not to drink 25 ounce shells.