What's new

Stone Kava Experience

kl.loonboon1

Kava Curious
Used 4tbsp to 2 cups of water. Let sit for 45min, did the nakamal video process.

Drank it about room temperature.

Just took my 2nd shell, taste like sweet pepper? haha wasn't bad at all. 

Wow, i'm feelin good.  Going to do 2 more shells.

My only concern is it is a little watery i guess (not sure exactly how texture should be)

Any suggestions about making it differently?  Did i make it too weak/strong? 

wooooweee funzies this Stone is.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I love stone, it's my new favorite kava! I usually do 6 tablespoons to three cups water. So it's the same ratio just more. But if you want to make your grog a bit thicker than I say go for it!

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Will stone eventually put me to sleep? I've read here that a few.people had the zippy kavain nervous energy. That's fine, as long as the dhm catches up and sedates me

I'd hate to drink two or three shells and find myself restless all evening. And if it does this, how many hours should I expected to be up? Thanks all

krunkedout

Kava Lover
tombo said:
Will stone eventually put me to sleep? I've read here that a few.people had the zippy kavain nervous energy. That's fine, as long as the dhm catches up and sedates me

I'd hate to drink two or three shells and find myself restless all evening. And if it does this, how many hours should I expected to be up? Thanks all
I wouldn't call stone zippy at all. Or groggy for that matter. Just blissful intoxication. The other night I made a batch for me and my friend. I made 7 cups and 14 tablespoons of kava (3 boroguru, 4 stone). And my friend ended up not drinking any because he decided to use a certain other herb. And I drank it all, and I was krunk. And then I came back and I was so tired I almost fell asleep. So you should be fine with stone :)

Krunk'd! First time! After a batch of "Kava Waka" from who knows where, and Kona Kava Farm which hardly did anything. I was beginning to suspect this stuff might just be placebo!

OHHHHH man! Stone! I just put a half cup into a (clean! cotton!) sock with 8 cups of hot-as-i-can-stand-to-dip-my-hands-into-it water, kneaded 5 minutes, and OHHHHH man!

I could TASTE how much stronger it was than anything I've tried before! I've been trying for a good high (low?) for 2 weeks now but this stuff did it. It was much more peppery, thicker too, than my normal stuff.
So that's all you need, Stone and some hot water and a sock! And 5 minutes of kneading! That's literally all I used!
I'm SO happy to have this feeling right now. I have suffered anxiety for years and recently it got super bad (which is why I started kava) and I can say now that there's not an ounce of anxiety in my body. I hope this lasts a long time!
Btw i only drank 4 cups of the 8.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey! That's awesome. It's always good news to hear that kava is helping people. It really has all but eliminated anxiety from my life. I just go with the flow, and kava is a huge reason I can say that.

kl.c double

Kava Curious
Yeah I got my stone and it smells fresher than the Kava I got from Rex. I used half what I normally was using with Tongan pride, but the effects are similar. I was expecting more body buzz actually.. maybe thats coming as its only been thirty min. Definitely a pleasant feeling but I think I should have used a whole cup of Kava to really compare bc thats what i used with the KBR stuff.

kl.c double

Kava Curious
Allright so after the testing phase its time to see just where this Kava stuff can take me. The half portion of Stone was equal in potency but lasted way longer than any of the Kava ByRex stuff... now the real test... a full cup of Stone consumed by moi... in 3-4 cups of H20.

I'll give a report later tonight if I'm not totally out of it.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
My usual dosage is 1/2 cup Stone to 2.5 cups water. I wouldn't say I get krunked from this, just nice calm relaxation with mild euphoria. Sleep comes fast and easy, and lasts a long time. The main thing I am noticing, now that I completely eliminated alcohol from my life over 2 months ago, is the anxiolytic and antidepressant effects of Stone lasting throughout the next day.

I am concerned as I am down to about a 1/4 pound of Stone (perhaps a week's supply), and N@H is currently sold out. Does anyone know when they plan on having more in stock? Either way, I will need to place an order for something soon. What other varieties do people find comparable to Stone? I only have experience with the Kona crap (got me through reverse tolerance) and Stone.

Thank you all for the invaluable information I have learned about Kava from this forum!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Really good. They charge $6 for shipping, but it still comes out cheaper than a lot of Kava vendors. They ship of Portland and it gets to Texas in 2 days so I'm sure you will get yours about as fast.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Although I haven't sampled stone yet, the boruguru is officially kicking my ass tonight. I absolutely did not mean to get like this, but I tossed and washed 2-3 tbs a few hours ago, and i'm finally coming back to a cozy place. I was slurring my words and I felt like my head was floating away. I'll be more careful from now on. And I ordered on monday at 2:30, and received my package thursday at 8:30am. And I live in cincinnati OH.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
tombo said:
Although I haven't sampled stone yet, the boruguru is officially kicking my ass tonight. I absolutely did not mean to get like this, but I tossed and washed 2-3 tbs a few hours ago, and i'm finally coming back to a cozy place. I was slurring my words and I felt like my head was floating away. I'll be more careful from now on. And I ordered on monday at 2:30, and received my package thursday at 8:30am. And I live in cincinnati OH.
just out of curiosity, did you enjoy the experience or did the strength make you feel uncomfortable? Some people don't care for the strong stuff; I really enjoy it though. Guess it just comes down to opinion.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Now that I know what to expect, i'm guessing I won't have the new experience anxiousness. Dude, I hate to compare kava to other drug buzzes but it felt like I was on laughing gas whippets for six hours. The ringing womwomwom feeling in my head and body. I prepared four tbs throughout the late afternoon and felt pleasant,, so that's why I thought i'd be fine tossing and washing. So i guess i did consume 6-7 tbs in 4hours. Never again though. I couldn't sleep. Didn't fall asleep until easily two this morning , and my dreams.seemed so real. Strange thing is I feel rested off of five hours. I don't feel tired at all, and i haven't even had my coffee yet. From now on, i'll prepare 2-3 tbs tops. I drank.too much too fast. I didn't know this stuff took maybe an hour to completely kick in. And yes, i'm looking forward to having 2 tbs tonight.

Also, do high kavain kavas just have more of that buzzing/ringing spaced out floaty feeling? If so, i'll stick to dhm and dhk. The pain and tightness near my surgery site on my back completely disappeared. And i'm not exaggerating. I wad looking forward to getting some fu'u, but i'm probably gonna wait. And tomorrow is kbr waka. Krunk have you had some yet?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
tombo said:
Now that I know what to expect, i'm guessing I won't have the new experience anxiousness. Dude, I hate to compare kava to other drug buzzes but it felt like I was on laughing gas whippets for six hours. The ringing womwomwom feeling in my head and body. I prepared four tbs throughout the late afternoon and felt pleasant,, so that's why I thought i'd be fine tossing and washing. So i guess i did consume 6-7 tbs in 4hours. Never again though. I couldn't sleep. Didn't fall asleep until easily two this morning , and my dreams.seemed so real. Strange thing is I feel rested off of five hours. I don't feel tired at all, and i haven't even had my coffee yet. From now on, i'll prepare 2-3 tbs tops. I drank.too much too fast. I didn't know this stuff took maybe an hour to completely kick in. And yes, i'm looking forward to having 2 tbs tonight.

Also, do high kavain kavas just have more of that buzzing/ringing spaced out floaty feeling? If so, i'll stick to dhm and dhk. The pain and tightness near my surgery site on my back completely disappeared. And i'm not exaggerating. I wad looking forward to getting some fu'u, but i'm probably gonna wait. And tomorrow is kbr waka. Krunk have you had some yet?
haha yeah I know what you mean. And tossing and washing is wayyyyyyyyy stronger than traditional prep. Like if I were to toss and wash 3tbs it would make me feel like I had a half cup made the traditional way. I don't do T/W often though because it makes me gag alot. And yeah I just got a pound of KBR waka and it is some good stuff. I just hope he doesn't sell out before I can get another pound or two. But I think you will like it :) it has a good amount of spaceyness but I also muscle relaxing.

kl.Lori72

I'm new to kava drinking. I got my Stone in 4 days ago and have been drinking about 8oz per evening without much effect (other than slight nausea). I figured I was just having to break the tolerance thing, and would have to push through until that was over. Yesterday I made my usual dose of 1cup stone to 3cups coconut milk- mixed it up before work and let it sit in the fridge for about 6-7hrs while I was at work, came home, skipped the blending and strained it. I took 8oz of it on an empty stomach and laid down. Within 5 min the whole room was spinning and then I started feeling really sick, but couldn't walk, so I crawled to the bathroom. Totally broke my glasses trying to get there too. I felt sick a few more hours as effects were wearing off (spinning went away after about :30 min, then just felt like I had a stomach bug). Needless to say, I overdid it! Anyone else experience anything like this? I basically went from feeling hardly anything the first few days to feeling like that- and with the same dose. Its definitely proved to me the power that Kava has, but for sure will NOT drinking that much next time, whew!

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I've never had the epic experiences some others have on kava, I seem to have a lower ceiling for that sort of thing, but I did have a very obvious breakthrough one night as well.

Stone is one of the strongest options, 1 cup of root is certainly on the high end, and toss-n-wash will make your experience stronger and definitely more likely to cause tummy issues. So I think you can definitely reign it in a bit ;)