What's new

Stone & Solomon

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I just ordered a half pound each (0.55lbs) of Solomon and Stone Kava, I also got m 2 small coconut shells, 150g of soy lecathin, 2 large and 2 small strainer cloths.

Very excited to try them both! This will be my 1st time making my own Kava (other than the Shaman :p )

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Great! Remember, it takes more effort to make Kava than you probably think. Solomon will really knock you off your feet. I reviewed Stone quite a long time ago, and if I was to review it now I might put it a bit lower. It's very hard to grade these things. But Solomon, there is no messing around with that stuff - it is strong, it will get you high.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
i just got my order, I just made some stone with 1 cup powder 3 cups water (so its a bit more dilute) the taste is a hell of a lot different than that of Shaman, WOw! its like i don't even know what. its got this like spicy bitterness or something, a lot harder to get down than Shaman , very numbing though, its only been 5 minutes since my 1st shell, and I can already feel my knees that have been aching for a good 6 hours now relax.

hopefully it will help me get a good nights sleep tonight, been a VERY stressful day today, My daughter was born today (unexpectedly Via C-Section) due to low fluid in the womb. all is good though, and now I need to get a good rest before I go back to the hospital tomorrow!

I'm excited to try Solomon but I wanted or more relaxing kava for tonight.

(I can't really thing that well right now, my mind has been going 100mph all day , so sorry if this post made no sense!)

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
congratulations on your baby!! 3-4 cups water is good for stone. Just remember to strain it a lot. It's hard to sleep on Solomon, let us know when you try it. Solomon is good at 3 cups water also with a strong second wash of 2 cups.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I had 2 shells (4oz each) of stone last night, not wanting to overdue it till I knew how it effected me having to get up and spend another long day at the hospital caring for my wife and little one. I drank 2 shells just now, and am going to drink probably 1 or 2 more of a 2nd wash tonight, Have not really noticed much effect unfortunately.. :(

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
with both of these Kavas (used separately and only one of them used in a night) I have been getting some Mild Nausea, any one else have this problem?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
stone sometimes. The key is to strain out the fibers, I strain 3-4 times.  Oddly,  I only upchucked once and that was with black sands.  But damn stone,  I have some anti-nausea  tablets from the pharmacy for just in case...

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
that's what i was thinking when I took the Zofran (anti nausea prescription meds) but that's what made my mix of stone Solomon crazy bad. lol