What's new

Stopped Kava after 5 weeks with weird symptoms

VincentC

Hello all, i have been consuming kava for 10 years and never have had a problem stopping. The last 3 years i have been using micro with good results Though never For an extended period of time. Covid stressed me out so i was using about an ounce per day in 3 sessions 4 hours apart. I dont drink alchohol or use drugs. Quit K@ awhile back. I have been on a low dose antidepressant and buspar which is a non addictive anxiety med. Anyway i cut my kave in more than half 1 week ago and went through 4-5 days of intense headaches and depression. Im stable now and planning stopping altogether soon. if i even drop 10% i get the symptoms back. no way kava alone can do this. Just ordered a complete drug screen from amazon to see if the kava is clean. The vender is out of business. When i stop K@ i tested positive for fentanyl. Itmight be drug interaction. I felt no opiod high while taking it. Any advise. Thanks

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello all, i have been consuming kava for 10 years and never have had a problem stopping. The last 3 years i have been using micro with good results Though never For an extended period of time. Covid stressed me out so i was using about an ounce per day in 3 sessions 4 hours apart. I dont drink alchohol or use drugs. Quit K@ awhile back. I have been on a low dose antidepressant and buspar which is a non addictive anxiety med. Anyway i cut my kave in more than half 1 week ago and went through 4-5 days of intense headaches and depression. Im stable now and planning stopping altogether soon. if i even drop 10% i get the symptoms back. no way kava alone can do this. Just ordered a complete drug screen from amazon to see if the kava is clean. The vender is out of business. When i stop K@ i tested positive for fentanyl. Itmight be drug interaction. I felt no opiod high while taking it. Any advise. Thanks
I think you may have answered your own question, all this going on is a lot more stressful than we allow ourselves to admit. I would reach out to your local primary care physician and do a full blood panel, it may give you some clues other than your kava/K@ routine.