What's new

Sublingual dosage for a 60%+ extract.

C

ChoppyShores

Hello everyone, I recently bought some kanna extract from liftmode and needed another 5 bucks in my cart to get free shipping so I went for some of their CO2 kava extract to try out. They say the normal dose is about 300mg but I'm wondering, if I just put it under my tongue instead of eating it should I dose lower or just go for the whole 300mg?

Thanks peeps,
Choppy

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Always start small. That being said, I have been a long time liftmode customer. But, their extract leaves something to be desired. Most of my extract was stuck on the lid and you will find that price per dose just doesn’t seem to add up. It tastes and feels like pure kava and has a small heady effect. I still hold on to the notion that there is something in kava that gets lost in the extract process. At 60%, you should ”feel” it more, but you don’t. This goes for all extracts.

C

ChoppyShores

Thanks for the reply! It was just the closest thing to 5 bucks they had that I was interested in, my expectations for it are pretty low. I'm definitely wishing I had a nice big bag of Tavuni's secret instead but I need kanna more than kava for a short term antidepressant with motivation at the moment and kava helps my depression but not the motivation lol. May I ask how you consumed it? On their website they say that just eating it plain doesn't work very well so I was thinking about either mixing it up in some warm coconut oil or just sticking it under the tongue.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Thanks for the reply! It was just the closest thing to 5 bucks they had that I was interested in, my expectations for it are pretty low. I'm definitely wishing I had a nice big bag of Tavuni's secret instead but I need kanna more than kava for a short term antidepressant with motivation at the moment and kava helps my depression but not the motivation lol. May I ask how you consumed it? On their website they say that just eating it plain doesn't work very well so I was thinking about either mixing it up in some warm coconut oil or just sticking it under the tongue.
I just take a scoop and let it sit under my tongue as long as possible. It will go numb. The thing about the lactones is that they seem to be able to be absorbed through the mucous membranes.

sorry about taking so long to respond, been offline pretty much the whole holiday.