What's new

Suggest A Kava for Work

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to Kava.  I am looking for some recommendations on the best Kava's that maybe beneficial at work?

I have tried N@H Stone and would NOT bring that too work for obvious reasons :) I am currently trying Kava by Rex's Tongan Pride - I think this Kava is less strong compared to Stone and maybe beneficial for a work atmosphere.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on any other Kava's that have been beneficial to you in the work place!

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
the only daytime kava that works well for me would be tongan pride, all other kavas make me too sleepy and mellow

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
n0xious said:
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to Kava.  I am looking for some recommendations on the best Kava's that maybe beneficial at work?

I have tried N@H Stone and would NOT bring that too work for obvious reasons :) I am currently trying Kava by Rex's Tongan Pride - I think this Kava is less strong compared to Stone and maybe beneficial for a work atmosphere.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on any other Kava's that have been beneficial to you in the work place!
The only thing I would have at work would be kava cadies or Yogi kava tea... otherwise well I don't think it would be good

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I have kava candies at work for a stressful day. For a ground root, maybe Melo Melo. Not my favorite kava by any means, but it is definitely mellow.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Find a cocoa powder from a health food store. Add some until you have the same color as Yoohoo or a Starbucks bottled beverage.  Place kava in said bottle.  You now have Stealth Kava.

Drink from a coconut shell, anyway.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I'd agree with Ed. The Kava Candy is a nice work time Kava option. Two of them is equal to 100mg of kavalactone which is decent. No mess, no prep. That's the best part.

kl.Flank

Kava Curious
Vekta said:
I'd agree with Ed. The Kava Candy is a nice work time Kava option. Two of them is equal to 100mg of kavalactone which is decent. No mess, no prep. That's the best part.
wtf ed?? I said it first... I want credit!! :)

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Flank said:
Vekta said:
wtf ed?? I said it first... I want credit!! :)
Oh flank.... *hugs your face*  It's right here....*hand on heart*...(Thumbsup)

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Prince Philip said:
Hog it while you can, but John Frum will wipe out the credit records of everyone February 15th, per this prophecy...

(flash video)
I actually saw him last feb. he told me to tell all of you hello and also said that he can't stay for very long and that his "big" return will have to be postponed because he had to start the long journey under the ocean to the volcano he lives in in our beloved Vanuatu

kl.sakamoto

Kava Curious
Back in '01-'03, I used to go to a food co-op and buy dried kava in bulk (you know, the kind that looks like wood chips). I'd put about a tablespoon in a tea infuser and brew it up with a couple bags of Lipton's Earl Grey tea, which I'd sweeten and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning, I'd take a bottle of this iced tea to work. The tea provided caffeine, and the kava provided a slight "lift" and a pleasant after-taste.

I now know this is completely the wrong way to do things, ofc... you're not supposed to heat kava, you're not supposed to mix kava and caffeine, and the kava I was using was probably low quality. However, it was perfect for what I needed.