What's new

Suggestions

Jack3

Kava Curious
Does anyone know of a strong, high quality, heavy micronized or instant kava? Generally, most here seem to avoid these in favor of the traditional medium grind.

The fatigue and brain fog make the prep and cleaning of medium grind kava quite difficult for me. I am very prone to dermo as well. I’m order to get the relief I seek, I have to filter through a wire mesh which leaves bits of ground root in the grog and that brings on the dermo.

Otherwise if I’m straining through a cloth or nylon bag, I have to make a wash, let it sit for the sediment to settle, then skim off the water to make another wash so that the grog is strong enough. If I make it more the traditional way, I end up having to urinate at least twice in the middle of the night because I have to go through a number of shells to get what I’m looking for.

Sometimes I get a blend of kava extract with k@ called feel free which is quite convenient and ready to go in little blue bottles but very expensive and I would prefer to avoid the k@.

I’m wondering if there are any effective, reputable extracts or concentrates aside from the instant and micro which might also work. I tried a 70% extract from kava.com more than ten years ago and got no effect at all. They are

Jack3

Kava Curious
They don’t have a good reputation here but I thought maybe an extract from ROH or BKH might do the trick? They don’t usually say what cultivar it is or the chemotype for these extracts, though.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
They don’t have a good reputation here but I thought maybe an extract from ROH or BKH might do the trick? They don’t usually say what cultivar it is or the chemotype for these extracts, though.
Gourmet Hawaiian has high quality instants. And FijiVanua's instants are surprisingly strong.

Jack3

Kava Curious
Their micro is not bad at &139/kilo, but it’s a Fijian kava that is likely to be heady. The instant Borogoru looks good but it’s $129/8oz. If I can get a kilo of the Vanuatu medium grind for $99, why would I pay $129 for less than a fourth of that amount? I know it’s not 4 times as strong.