What's new

suggestions

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
hey y'all, i'm looking for an energizing kava. i've tried 2 that i feel qualify as at least a bit energizing: one is the 11 year waka from BKH, and the other is moi from GHK. i am currently placing an order for some micro pouni ono and some of the CO2 extract from Kavakava R us to see how that stacks up energy-wise.
does anyone have suggestions for kava that is energizing for them?
i forgot to add that i find the hanakapi ai fairly energizing if i keep the dose low and space the shells out more than i normally would. any suggestions are most welcome

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I've never really found an "energizing" kava. They all make me sleepy. When people say energizing, are you guys saying caffeine-ish or something?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've never really found an "energizing" kava. They all make me sleepy. When people say energizing, are you guys saying caffeine-ish or something?
I'm with you on this one, @Runding. I've never found a kava to be energizing. Less sedative maybe, but definitely not energizing. However I think this is due to my personal chemistry.

@tomkrat search around and sample different Tongan Kavas. They're usually much more heady, and less sedative.

K

Kava Steve

pouni ono is a good choice as well as the extract... Noble Clouds Mellow Malluk seems to do the trick also I actually found the regal to be too stimulating it screwed with my anxiety

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
Awesome, thanks y'all. Sounds like some Tongans are in order and maybe some noble clouds when I finally get my new set up

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
Energizing was probably the wrong word. I think what I meant was non-sedating, clear headed, and mood lifting. I get all these things and, what feels to me like, a little bit of stimulation from moi and, slightly more than with moi, from the 11 year waka

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
hey y'all, i'm looking for an energizing kava. i've tried 2 that i feel qualify as at least a bit energizing: one is the 11 year waka from BKH, and the other is moi from GHK. i am currently placing an order for some micro pouni ono and some of the CO2 extract from Kavakava R us to see how that stacks up energy-wise.
does anyone have suggestions for kava that is energizing for them?
i forgot to add that i find the hanakapi ai fairly energizing if i keep the dose low and space the shells out more than i normally would. any suggestions are most welcome
I would be very interested in knowing if The Kava Review Filter helps you pick a good kava product. Every review has a 'heady' rating which generally indicates something energizing.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I've had moi take my legs away like any other root. I think it lies more in the amount consumed than the strain. Obviously some are more sedating than others but once I hit the tipping point, it matters not what strain I've had. And possibly the potency of it is involved. Like moi hits early but never gets as potent as like a Fijian, which takes a few more drinks to feel it but has a higher ceiling. That's just a theory that popped in while I was typing this on a Fijian roller coaster. Waka Loa, that is.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Would anyone recommend that I actually drink moi for work this morning? Lol I have medium grind and am working 8am (now) to 2pm... is it uppy enough where if I drink it now ( like a tablespoon) that I won't crash throughout the day and get all tired n cozy

Lamakan

Kava Enthusiast
Happy Sunday-if I were u and considering how varied effects are between individuals, I would get up a little earlier for work. I would drink one shell and seriously wait the 20-30 min to see how I felt. I have tried before work recently and it seems, like the above poster said, it really depends on amount. Maybe drink another if your not where u want to be. But stop there or after one more. I used to think it wasn't possible to drink before work, because my work is physically demanding, and was afraid of burning out early afternoon. But my experiences have been two-three shells is a different experience altogether than an after work session of many shells over hours. Try it and go slow. What have u got to lose? Then throw the remainder in your cooler for a shell or two after lunch or whenever. Have fun!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Basically look for something high in kavain, an low in other KLs. Pouni is a good one, and so is Nambawan from Bula Kava House.