What's new

Suicide Grog

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Couple bags of root down to the end. I mixed em into a suicide type grog. Now im krunktastic. Like WAY krunkadelic.
Nakamal Stone and PSL Traditional Mix.
Wowie. View attachment 11543
Sorry I hate to be that guy, and I am pretty grumpy this morning, but the title of this got under my skin. It may also be that some friend's of mine lost their 19 year old son to suicide recently after a 7 year battle of mental health issues. I am sure you don't mean anything by it but given the number of folks who use kava as a mental health tool to help with anxiety and depression calling it "suicide grog" is a bit irresponsible. Feel free to ignore me, like I said maybe I am oversensitive but I thought it needed to be said.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sorry I hate to be that guy, and I am pretty grumpy this morning, but the title of this got under my skin. It may also be that some friend's of mine lost their 19 year old son to suicide recently after a 7 year battle of mental health issues. I am sure you don't mean anything by it but given the number of folks who use kava as a mental health tool to help with anxiety and depression calling it "suicide grog" is a bit irresponsible. Feel free to ignore me, like I said maybe I am oversensitive but I thought it needed to be said.
I'm sensitive to the topic myself, however I think he was referring to how we used to mix all the flavors of drinks together at the fountain machine and call it a suicide. Just something dumb we did as kids (no offense to those that do it as adults).

Aloha Kava

Aloha Kava Guy
Kava Vendor
I'm sensitive to the topic myself, however I think he was referring to how we used to mix all the flavors of drinks together at the fountain machine and call it a suicide. Just something dumb we did as kids (no offense to those that do it as adults).
What I thought of too. The old-school "suicide" drinks of every single fountain soda as a kid.

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Agreed. I lost my best friend to suicide in 2018. Though I don't fault @TJrriffic at all for his use of it in the title. Its a harmless saying to most people that doesn't carry much weight until you have to deal with it up close.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Agreed. I lost my best friend to suicide in 2018. Though I don't fault @TJrriffic at all for his use of it in the title. Its a harmless saying to most people that doesn't carry much weight until you have to deal with it up close.
Absolutely right on that.