What's new

Super delayed effects?

ImDirtyDan

Kava Curious
I purchased some instant mahakea from GHK recently. This was the first time I've used it in a few years; I discovered it in college as a great means to reduce anxiety (and boy did I have anxiety back then!).

But only just now, about three hours later, am I really beginning to feel its full effects. I did some things differently -- I gel capped the initial dose (2 tbsp) then after that didn't do much for an hour, I drank another tbsp with milk. I was naughty and had a light meal about an hour before the first dose.

So here and now, at exactly 5:26 PM Eastern Time, I'm finally fully feeling the full effects of this kava.

That funny feeling in my head. The giggliness. The urge to communicate (which is why I'm writing this post, honestly). The fairly slow reflexes.

Is such a long delay common? Did gel capping it rather than drinking it initially have anything to do with the delayed onset? I can't imagine gel caps take that long to digest. It's weird, because I've gel capped before and this didn't happen.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm finally feeling it. I was a bit disappointed, thinking I had acquired reverse tolerance (never had a problem before).

I forgot how chatty this stuff makes me.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I purchased some instant mahakea from GHK recently. This was the first time I've used it in a few years; I discovered it in college as a great means to reduce anxiety (and boy did I have anxiety back then!).

But only just now, about three hours later, am I really beginning to feel its full effects. I did some things differently -- I gel capped the initial dose (2 tbsp) then after that didn't do much for an hour, I drank another tbsp with milk. I was naughty and had a light meal about an hour before the first dose.

So here and now, at exactly 5:26 PM Eastern Time, I'm finally fully feeling the full effects of this kava.

That funny feeling in my head. The giggliness. The urge to communicate (which is why I'm writing this post, honestly). The fairly slow reflexes.

Is such a long delay common? Did gel capping it rather than drinking it initially have anything to do with the delayed onset? I can't imagine gel caps take that long to digest. It's weird, because I've gel capped before and this didn't happen.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm finally feeling it. I was a bit disappointed, thinking I had acquired reverse tolerance (never had a problem before).

I forgot how chatty this stuff makes me.
I would fully bet it was the encapsulated kava. You got your initial dose of kavalactones w/ another one in the chamber but hadn't made it through your digestion yet.