What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tanna Kaolik

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
My baseline of powdered kava is Vanuatu Blend No. 7.
@Mesh reviewed this also http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/tanna-kaolik.4470/

Backdrop.
I had been working a 12hr night shift in the closed psych ward, with all that entails when I got home around 08:00 AM.
I got out of bed 3PM the previous day and had an empty stomach.
Like I said in my introduction post (http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/capitán-bastos.5965/), I got the sample pack yesterday.
I was going to stay awake anyway because I needed to sleep during the night seeing as I had the morning shift tudei.

Smell: though I've never smelled fresh kava, I have smelled the Vanuatu Blend No. 7. The Kaolik has a milder aroma, hints of pepper and a hint of flowers.
Not so much the 'sour' earthy smell.
Flavor: like watered down Bailey's Irish Cream with a hint of peppery flavors. Easy to drink.
Appearance: like coffee with cream
Texture: very smooth, a little thick and rich (coconut milk probably affected the texture.)
Effects:
Wow. Just, wow. You know stairs, right? Well, this is the express elevator inside a very tall building.
It did have a smooth come up, about 15 minutes, being gently awakened by a caressing concubine whispering in my ear.
Second shell was the same. Then she friggin' slapped me like Dog my Nabbit!
I was more than awake. I would say highly alert, not jumpy though. I had to put on some music, U2's latest.
I went from tired and on the couch to jumping around like that short guy in ACDC rocking out hard with my air guitar!
I put added more water and coconut milk to the bowl and kneaded out the second round.
Poured it in a 0,5l bottle and went to pick up the missus at a shopping mall.
I felt great! When I got there I realized a quiet storm had been brewing in my stomach and had to run to find and make use of their cram my facilities.
We met up and she had about a shell's worth, I had a little less. We were a little giggly and a public display of playful tickle fights ensued.
We walked for about two hours without any sign of fatigue (she just came off work). I could easily see this as a thing for the new wave of Discoing Tea Totals.
Actually, when I came home, I realised there was no chance in Hell I would get to sleep in hrs.
It was bordering on uncomfortable, but I didn't feel anxious or anything.
Luckily I had the Pentecost Pride in the Vanuatu Sample pack. More about that in my next review.

Btw, I had a shell of this followed by about 1,5 tsp of the Quick Kava Instant from @Global Kava Exports this morning before work.
No coffee for me! And smooth sailing.

If you want to relax and sleep anytime soon, this is definitely not for you. If you need a pick me up or you're the designated driver, I recommend it highly.
It's a morning kava.

Please let me know how you liked my first review and give some constructive feed back.

Capitán Bastos

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Edit: I rated it 3/5 because I prefer the more 'relaxed focus' I got from the Vanuato Blend No. 7.
If I was judging kavas that really gives you an energy boost, I would rate this a strong four or a five, but this is the first I've ever tried that had that effect to that extent. It went from pleasant to a little wild and though I didn't feel anxious, I felt far from sedated.
To me it feels like a clean kava in terms of effect. So, it could probably boost that effect in other kavas, I recon.