What's new

Powdered Kava Review Taveuni's Secret 16 Oz

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This has blasted to the top of my all time favorite list. You all should try this! (If you like heady kavas)
Taste, to me, is creamy mild and fresh. Even the grinds smell so fresh. .. I think the vacuum seal really keeps it in. But... WOW is it good kava! Soaring, sharp as a tack, tippy top heady. Unbelievably good and just my kind of stuff.

Seriously this is so damn good! Wow, wow, wow. I'm not joking.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The package itself was super dense and solid, like how they package ground coffee. I transferred to mason jar and it poofed up in volume. The empty bag also had that kava stain color. I like to post actual pictures of the product in my reviews so you really know I got it lol

D

Deleted User01

Wow, nice review on a Solid Heady Kava! But I gotta ask you, "did you see colors?". :D

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
Yes! I agree with your assessment of tippy toppy heady. Probably its most pronounced effect is really just taking the edge off for me. I'm one of those weird people for whom Stone is not sedating, but almost exclusively heady and I've been doing one Aluball of this w one of Stone. Pretty great. Unfortunately, I am at the end of my pound and it looks like it is out of stock on their website. I was planning on doing Beqa's sanctuary next, which is also out. Guess I'll just get some more Dua Na Bilo from Amazon, which has also been a solid heady variety for me. Have you had that one?

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Guess I'll just get some more Dua Na Bilo from Amazon, which has also been a solid heady variety for me. Have you had that one?
Dua Na Bilo is amazing - I realize I'm not who you were talking to, but since you said it's solid heady for you .. how is KWK Loa Waka? I felt like it was headier with less of a body effect.

Not to say Dua Na Bilo's body effect is very strong in comparison to its heady effects, I just feel like Dua Na Bilo has both a strong heady effect and a stronger body relaxation than Loa Waka .. but maybe I need to drink some more Loa Waka to compare since I've only had a half pound of it lol.

I think Dua Na Bilo is the strongest kava I've had yet .. but waiting on my order of Hanakapi Ai to get here cause I've yet to try it :)

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes! I agree with your assessment of tippy toppy heady. Probably its most pronounced effect is really just taking the edge off for me. I'm one of those weird people for whom Stone is not sedating, but almost exclusively heady and I've been doing one Aluball of this w one of Stone. Pretty great. Unfortunately, I am at the end of my pound and it looks like it is out of stock on their website. I was planning on doing Beqa's sanctuary next, which is also out. Guess I'll just get some more Dua Na Bilo from Amazon, which has also been a solid heady variety for me. Have you had that one?
I have not tried that one yet

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
Dua Na Bilo is amazing - I realize I'm not who you were talking to, but since you said it's solid heady for you .. how is KWK Loa Waka? I felt like it was headier with less of a body effect.

Not to say Dua Na Bilo's body effect is very strong in comparison to its heady effects, I just feel like Dua Na Bilo has both a strong heady effect and a stronger body relaxation than Loa Waka .. but maybe I need to drink some more Loa Waka to compare since I've only had a half pound of it lol.

I think Dua Na Bilo is the strongest kava I've had yet .. but waiting on my order of Hanakapi Ai to get here cause I've yet to try it :)
I have actually only tried the micro Pouni Ono from KWK. I just ordered Squanch's combo pack this morning, but once I go through that I think I'll be getting that Loa Waka. Do you do traditional prep or Aluball? With 3 little kids, I rarely have time for traditional anymore unfortunately, so I like to find out if the grind does ok in the shaker.
And yes, there are definitely nights where Dua Na Bilo makes me want to sink into the couch. I'd say 80% of the time, though, it's much more heady for me. Funny how kava acts differently on different days. What a great product, though (and convenient to buy). I agree it is sufficiently strong, second only to Stone for me so far. It's been the workhorse of my kava cabinet for a solid month and a half. @Ricardo Piquant I'd be interested to know what you think if you try it.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Note, for the second batch of this as arrived in may 2017, my above review does not apply. While still a good solid kava, it is not blowing my skirt up to the same degree. Jmho. Others who like a really strong "shotgun effect" kava may very well love it

superspeedkit

Kava Curious
Note, for the second batch of this as arrived in may 2017, my above review does not apply. While still a good solid kava, it is not blowing my skirt up to the same degree. Jmho. Others who like a really strong "shotgun effect" kava may very well love it
Would you say it's not quite as potent as last batch or maybe just not as heady? Am considering ordering some but haven't had this batch yet.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would you say it's not quite as potent as last batch or maybe just not as heady? Am considering ordering some but haven't had this batch yet.
I'd say it's actually stronger. But it's not as tack sharp as before in the heady dept. It's definitely worth sampling. The taste is quite nice and mild. It's also dark, like a mocha color, which would make sense given the roots were skinnier and long. My perspective could be skewed given im comparing to the last batch, and not so much judging on its own.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
@Ricardo Piquant Try blending it with Squanch Lawena if you have some. I find that the Squanch lawena (and waka) blends nicely with this new batch of Taveuni's Secret and also their Savusavu. For some reason it helps round it out nicely into a euphoric bliss, possibly into something closer to what you are looking for. This blend is a great party blend, I drank it while chillin at a winery last night, no wine for me, and I got up to go get more water and damn if I could hardly walk. I have noticed that I have some kavas that are better "blenders" and some that are best by themselves.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Our waka's are pure waka which means it is the most potent kava available from that particular region of Fiji. If its too strong then you could always blend with lawena to a ratio which you prefer. We dont mix the two because a fixed ratio can create a hit and miss situation in terms of effects for customers who have different tolerance levels. Usually people prefer it strong though.

Unfortunately, peeled lawena is very hard to come by these days in Fiji due to shortage so the only one we have available and get consistent supply of comes from Taveuni.