What's new

Powdered Kava Temo Ground Kava

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Temo Ground Kava

An exciting kava coming from one of the most exciting kava producing countries. Solomon Islands farmers only recently started growing kava, but they picked it up quickly. Colloquially called "Purple" kava due to the purple stems of the mature plant, Temo is much like the Solomon Islands themselves; as fresh and laid back as a jungle backed beach, but with the potency of the volcanoes that formed the islands.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@Bula Kava House I ordered some...was wondering if you found a new source of Solomon kava or is this the same Laurent Olivier/Botany Evolution/KavaDepot Solomon that I suspect most venders get when they sell Solomon? You can private message me if you rather not say in the thread. thanks ::shaka::

Piperm

Kava Curious
Thank you, I ordered some as well and I hope it is great! I am curious if they will ever offer the whole root kava pieces. It is nice in between drinking or when taking breaks, so it psychologically holds you over. (I quite kava without issue many times and no real addiction other then psychological.) Sometimes kava ichthyosis causes the hands to prune from bad kava I had, so I take breaks sometimes.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The color of this powder has me cautious before I even brew up a batch, lol. This is some seriously strong root even just by the look of it. The picture doesn't do justice, as the powder is slightly yellow itself.

IMG_8669.jpg

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This stuff kicks! It's a creeper, at least it was for me, didn't feel much the whole time until I finished my batch and ate...then a long, beautiful, inebriating, eye wobbling, sit back and enjoy it kr*nk kicked in. ::rootedgrin::
Well then with that review....it might be time to cash in some of those points!

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff absolutely destroyed me. Mixed up with a little koro from AoK. Agreed with it being a creeper as well. 30 - 45 mins went by without much, then out of no where I had a full body krunk going on. Brain went and tilted on me o_O

Thomas2060

Kava Curious
I've had a few sessions with TEMO. So far I'm liking it a lot, and it may be my new go-to for a very strong kava.

TEMO, while being quite strong, has a much more recreational and mellow effect compared to something like Nambawan. Nambawan is very strong but for me, in a disconcerting way, less of a recreational buzz and more like "did I take a bad combo of medication or something?" lol For that reason I tend to cut it with something weaker like Borogu.

I'm finding TEMO much more to my liking. Puts me in a state of pleasant couch-lock with a slight perma-smile. And unlike the other posters, there was no delayed effect for me. Maybe it's because I only drink kava on an empty stomach, but TEMO was like most other kavas, where I felt the effects come on strong within 10-20 minutes.

I'll write up a proper review after spending more time with it. But so far, a very nice addition to the BKH selection.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Bula Kava House I ordered some...was wondering if you found a new source of Solomon kava or is this the same Laurent Olivier/Botany Evolution/KavaDepot Solomon that I suspect most venders get when they sell Solomon? You can private message me if you rather not say in the thread. thanks ::shaka::
If it has that effect on you, it sounds like I would like it too. Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up a pound.

kraving the kava

Purveyor of Art
I bought 2lbs and am liking it a lot. Plus It got here FAST. I ordered it on a Thursday night and it was in my mailbox Monday morning. I also bought a lb of Kadavu Island, a 1/2 lb of True, Stone, and Wow and honestly think Temo is the best.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
@Bula Kava House - Is the Temo available to order? I got notification that it was restocked, but it shows Out of Stock at checkout. It immediately became one of my favorites so looking forward to having more.