What's new

Thank you, Kava-- Please share why you are thankful for kava

Jacob Bula

Nobody
My thanks to kava-- Please share your own reasons you are thankful for kava if you want to :)

Dear Kava,

Thank you for helping me through a rough year. You helped me unwind at the end of a hard day. You taught me that some times too much is too much, without killing me in the process. Thank you for making 7 consecutive, 12 hour, night shifts in a row bearable while still letting some of the pain through. You've taught me that there are going to be good days and bad days, and that a beverage at the end of the day can provide some temporary relief, but to erase the bad would make the good not seem as special. I've really enjoyed the ritual of preparing a bowl of grog in front of my kids, explaining what I'm doing, and feeling pride, not guilt when I raise a shell. And most of all, thank you for not being a clingy friend-- you are there when I need you, but let me walk away when I need some space.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Before I found kava, I was always struggling with anxiety and really had difficulties finding my place in life. Kava's given me:

1) A community of friends I can count on -- Even though I haven't met most of you physically, I know that I'd gladly shake your hand and have a shell.
2) A sense of purpose and an understanding of what's important in life
3) Calming experiences, even when life is anything but.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you kava for giving me the space to blow off some steam. I only really drank heavily while i lived in portland, or for a few years. That was over 10 years ago. I definately have always missed the feeling of simple relief from partying a little.

Also, thank you kava for allowing me the headspace to feel normal and not anxious about everything. It's like its healing my frayed nerves so that i feel good and functional even when i am not currently drinking it.

I just wanted to add thank you to everyone in the kava industry- farmers, exporters, and vendors. You folks do great work. And of course thank you to my mailman.