What's new

I Love Kava Friday That day of the week.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Been one of those weeks...I skipped last night so really looking forward to tonight. Kavafied Lapita for me...

Bula indeed!
Your avatar (as of writing) looks familiar but I'm probably imagining things. What's your avatar from?

Stocky007

Kava Curious
Same. So glad the original producers refuse to do a reboot. It’s perfection in its trilogy.
AMEN. I don’t understand the desire to reboot something as classic and iconic as BTTF. Plus-it’s sort of a period piece...a Prius turned into a time machine just won’t have the same effect!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
It’s Marty McFly from Back to the future! It’s hands down my favorite movie of all time.
Sorry for the slow reply, but as someone who's only vaguely familiar with Back to the Future, that was actually my guess. I didn't want to be wrong, so I just asked.
AMEN. I don’t understand the desire to reboot something as classic and iconic as BTTF. Plus-it’s sort of a period piece...a Prius turned into a time machine just won’t have the same effect!
I blame revisionists who want to redo things to fit the tastes of today. Whatever creativity they have could be better spent creating something that's an homage to the source material. Good on the BTTF producers to decline having it remade. They understand that no one in the present day could remake the film (trilogy) with the proper care they think it deserves.

A lot of the reboots popping up in the past few years have little regard to the source material. It's disrespectful. With an original film, or TV show, or whatever media of choosing, you could flex creativity however you want with the sensibilities of the present. But no one wants to make an original film and put the effort in to make it stand up on its own. We're seeing more originality with shows on streaming services or even just people uploading to Youtube. The quality on the latter platform can vary, but it's great to see smaller creators are leaving their mark nonetheless. The internet really has disrupted things, hasn't it?

Last edited: