What's new

Powdered Kava Review The Hawaiian Blend

exit stage left
I had some of this yesterday, but today I tried it on a properly empty stomach. This stuff is strong! Half of my usual dose of other kavas, and I'm definitely feeling it. Yesterday I mixed it half and half with a more heavy variety and it was nice, today I'm drinking just the Hawaiian blend and it's causing a little bit of anxiety - unsure whether it's the kava, or situational, or both.

It hits both heady and heavy. The heady hit first, I felt light headed, and still do. The heavy hit second, just an all-over numb body feeling. Unfortunately, the anxiety is distracting. I have anxiety problems already, and I've found that heady kavas can exacerbate it. This kava has both effects, but the headiness is still enough to affect my anxiety, I think.

The taste isn't bad, kind of in the middle, usual kava taste. I'm experiencing a bit of nausea, but I usually do with pretty much any strain I try.

It's definitely strong though - there's a big difference between yesterday on a kind of empty stomach, and this morning on a completely empty stomach. It only takes about half of what I usually drink to feel strong effects.

It's very enjoyable, but strong enough that I don't think I'd drink it every day. I think this is a special occasion/weekend kava.

exit stage left
Just an update, it's been about 3 hours and I've slowly drank 4 tbsp in 2 cups of cold water. The effects are nice, but this is definitely a kava for my days off. Strong stuff. I definitely don't need any more.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Just an update, it's been about 3 hours and I've slowly drank 4 tbsp in 2 cups of cold water. The effects are nice, but this is definitely a kava for my days off. Strong stuff. I definitely don't need any more.
Just curious.... How did you create your great review?

exit stage left
Went into the Gourmet Hawaiian Kava subforum, into the product profiles subforum, clicked on The Hawaiian Blend, and at the bottom corner of the first post there was a "submit review" button.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Went into the Gourmet Hawaiian Kava subforum, into the product profiles subforum, clicked on The Hawaiian Blend, and at the bottom corner of the first post there was a "submit review" button.
Awesome, thanks!!!

KavaKitty

Meaow
I just got a little Hawaiian Blend (4 tbsp.) from a friend, now I'm a little concerned about the anxiety factor, since one of the big reasons I use awa in the first place is to alleviate that very thing. It's been working wonderfully and I've never gotten residual anxiety from the awa. Can you keep us posted regarding whether it was in fact the awa, or if it was "situational?" I'd really appreciate it.

exit stage left
I really think it's mostly situational, because right now I'm dealing with directing two plays, one of them opens in two weeks, and for the other one I'm trying to figure out how to afford to get it to NYC for a festival we've been accepted to (coming from Canada), I have to move next month and am waiting for my current landlord to respond to my e-mail, I just got a new responsibility at my job, I recently left school to write/direct full time, and pretty much everything makes me anxious anyway. I think if you've never gotten anxiety from the kava, you're probably pretty safe.