What's new

Powdered Kava Review The Kava Society - Pacific Elixir

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The Pacific Elixir blend from the Kava Society New Zealand has been around for some time and I've never tried it until just recently. The batch I got was from last month so it will likely be slightly different than the one currently in stock. This kava is very fresh with only a matter of weeks from harvest to shell. It's processed quickly and cleaned in a meticulous manner (similar to the 5 star class of kava products but with some effective modifications) to preserve as many KLs and beneficial phytochemicals as possible while removing the bad ones. The blend, currently, is high in Vanuatu cultivars (yay!) but varies depending on what is available as old kava or kava not processed to specification is not used. I'll admit I was not expecting anything spectacular from a heady blend of root harvested in 2019 since quality has been on a severe decline over the past couple of years but I'm glad I gave this one a shot. I'm really liking it... it's definitely a connoisseur grade kava, that currently, is in a class of it's own.

The powder has a nice fine grind and fresh scent as is expected from top shelf Vanuatu root. It's very light colored due to the extensive cleaning and processing. I normally hate the taste of kava but this blend has a very mild taste that is not hard to get down. The "deceptively mild taste" description from The Kava Society website is very accurate.

The side effect profile of this blend is very favorable. I've noticed a significant reduction of dermo and have experienced very little in the way of GI upset. Nausea, gas and bloating really don't happen. Even next day "kava farts" have also become a rare occurrence. This reinforces my thoughts that proper peeling can significantly reduce the side effects that are all too common after a session.

As far as effects go, it's a heady kava with very little body effects but it still manages to feel satisfyingly balanced. The headiness isn't the quick rushy buzz that comes and goes leaving me with an empty feeling like that of the typical heady kavas I've become accustomed to. The effects on the mind are much more complex with a deeply relaxed/uplifted feeling I have not felt in so long. There is very little sedation but this is a great kava to drink before bed since the relaxing qualities are so strong. This is a very good example of a potent daily drinking kava which hits all the right spots. After a couple shells it's very reminiscent of some of the kava experiences I routinely had 4-5+ years ago.

Effect Profile : Balanced leaning heady
Potency: 4 shells
Mind effects: 4.5 shells
Body effects: 1 shell
Overall effects: 4.5 shells

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Thanks for the great review! Unfortunately, I now feel compelled to try this Elixir. :)

The Pacific Elixir blend from the Kava Society New Zealand has been around for some time and I've never tried it until just recently. The batch I got was from last month so it will likely be slightly different than the one currently in stock. This kava is very fresh with only a matter of weeks from harvest to shell. It's processed quickly and cleaned in a meticulous manner (similar to the 5 star class of kava products but with some effective modifications) to preserve as many KLs and beneficial phytochemicals as possible while removing the bad ones. The blend, currently, is high in Vanuatu cultivars (yay!) but varies depending on what is available as old kava or kava not processed to specification is not used. I'll admit I was not expecting anything spectacular from a heady blend of root harvested in 2019 since quality has been on a severe decline over the past couple of years but I'm glad I gave this one a shot. I'm really liking it... it's definitely a connoisseur grade kava, that currently, is in a class of it's own.

The powder has a nice fine grind and fresh scent as is expected from top shelf Vanuatu root. It's very light colored due to the extensive cleaning and processing. I normally hate the taste of kava but this blend has a very mild taste that is not hard to get down. The "deceptively mild taste" description from The Kava Society website is very accurate.

The side effect profile of this blend is very favorable. I've noticed a significant reduction of dermo and have experienced very little in the way of GI upset. Nausea, gas and bloating really don't happen. Even next day "kava farts" have also become a rare occurrence. This reinforces my thoughts that proper peeling can significantly reduce the side effects that are all too common after a session.

As far as effects go, it's a heady kava with very little body effects but it still manages to feel satisfyingly balanced. The headiness isn't the quick rushy buzz that comes and goes leaving me with an empty feeling like that of the typical heady kavas I've become accustomed to. The effects on the mind are much more complex with a deeply relaxed/uplifted feeling I have not felt in so long. There is very little sedation but this is a great kava to drink before bed since the relaxing qualities are so strong. This is a very good example of a potent daily drinking kava which hits all the right spots. After a couple shells it's very reminiscent of some of the kava experiences I routinely had 4-5+ years ago.

Effect Profile : Balanced leaning heady
Potency: 4 shells
Mind effects: 4.5 shells
Body effects: 1 shell
Overall effects: 4.5 shells

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
So, I received the Pacific Elixir...and your appraisal was right on! It is great tasting and well balanced. Thanks for the review.
I'm glad you enjoy it too. This blend really is great... by far the most pleasant daily drinker I've had in a few years. There are some that are more hard hitting but this one is just so pleasantly relaxing and uplifting. I've been drinking it for over a month now and am still enjoying the consistent effects.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I keep seeing this particular product discussed and I'm kicking myself I didn't order some to go with my Palarasul. Oh well, some day!