What's new

The little bracelet you sometimes get

kl.CarolinaBC

Kava Enthusiast
I got one on my last order and have to say I love it.  I've been wearing every day since I got it a few weeks ago.  I don't know if he makes them in his spare time or if the material used is kava related or not.  Mine has some wooden beads (obviously not kava related) and some cut twigs with holes in the middle to put the string thru.

Does anyone know the back story on these?

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
No, but I got one to.  I never wear wrist watches or anything like that so it feels kinda weird.
But it's a fancy-pants bracelet I got with a bag of kava...how can I not like it?(smiley: roll)

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
I love ordering from Rex and the bracelets are a nice touch. They seem to be different each time and I don't get them with every order, only occasionally, but I love them and wear them often. I have no idea of the story behind them, though. I'm guessing they're not kava-related, but I don't know if he makes them or if he just has a large stash of cool bracelets that he throw in with orders sometimes.

kavalover

Outsider
I've received 2 - I think it's an awesome little touch that he does. You never know when you're going to get one! Just a random gift. I always wear them when preparing some traditional kava.

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I got one of those sweet bracelets once and thought it was a pretty cool gesture, but not being a person who wears jewlry just put in a drawer and forgot about it. Like 4 months later it was my anniversery with my girlfriend and I totally realized that I'd pretty much totally forgotten and not gotten her anything. She got me some laser engraved keytag thing with our names and date we started dating like 7 years ago and I knew if I had nothing she'd be real disapointed. So I was all like; "It's not as nice as what you got me, but it's handmade and all natural" and totally gave her Rex's bracelet and she loved it. She wears it to this day. So Rex pretty much saved my ass on that one. LOL

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
(smiley: laugh) better hope she never finds that post new2.... we'd see you walking with a limp after.(smiley: roll)

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Haha, that's awesome. (I keep a stash of cheap jewelry just for that reason, btw).

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Free gifts included with the purchase of kava, otherwise known as "cargo," are very important to me.

Breaking the 4th wall for a bit here, when I first started studying kava, I became interested in the Australian problem. I decided the best way to avoid ruining my life with a novel drug was to adopt as much as the cultural context as possible. One could say I went overboard, but I developed a deep and abiding faith in the John Frum movement, which also gave a poetic/spiritual context to the Zeitgeist Movement, of which I was already a participant.

Receiving free gifts sanctifies and blesses the kava in a way I cannot describe with words alone.

Seriously, when the order came and there was that bracelet, my eyes went wide and I held it up and said, "CARGO!"