What's new

I Love Kava Friday The most Fridayest day of the week.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Yeaaaah! Bula all! Cool weather - low 60sF and occasional rain showers, about 45F at night, looking good for the holiday - it is Father's Day weekend here so at my job that means it will be especially challenging/busy and I'll pick up Sunday on top of that. Wish me luck, I've been preparing. Happy Friday!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yeaaaah! Bula all! Cool weather - low 60sF and occasional rain showers, about 45F at night, looking good for the holiday - it is Father's Day weekend here so at my job that means it will be especially challenging/busy and I'll pick up Sunday on top of that. Wish me luck, I've been preparing. Happy Friday!
SEND YOUR WEATHER DOWN HERE NOW

KavaTasteGood

Kava Curious
Today is the first time I've run out of kava since I started. I'm shaking, the lack is impossible to face, I'm in pain right now and I think about a cup of muddy kava every second.... Oh no, not at all. :giggle: The sun is shining and I'm sunburned from yesterday so I'm going to spend some time playing video games in the dark :D Bula to everyone and watch out for the sun even though we know about kava's anti-cancer properties haha.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Today's another cool one, in the 40sF now, rain, moving up to 50s and then dropping hard and getting foggy tomorrow night. Then, things will change, looking at more 90s Thursday/Friday. Perhaps I'll send the weather down then! Ha haa.

Loving a second wash of kava this morning. Lots of prep to create, so here's my technique:

thaw roots from frozen in pretty hot water (about 165F, hot enough to burn with prolonged contact) and about 120grams of kava which has already been brewed once. Only once. I know this because I marked the roots when putting them on ice. After thawing, I pour into strainer in another pot, rinse my first one, move strainer full of roots and kava and then add fresh cold water till I am down to room temp. Clean the extra pot and slide into gloves, squeeze and knead for about five minutes underwater.

This time I discarded the roots, and the brew is not too strong, not too light either. I am unsure if it seems to be getting less and less potent every ten minutes because of air, or, if it is the food I ate digesting and making me more tolerant of kava.

Either way, is a thousand percent better than no kava for me on a night like tonight. And superior (for me) to any other "herbal remedies" I can think of! If I'm anxious, I don't want anything that can give me anxiety, rebound anxiety, or too much energy. Kava is an excellent choice for me when I wish/need to unwind.

Last edited: