What's new

The "post krunk" rule.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Wasn't sure if prince was kidding or not, but I for one am taking it seriously because your so much more receptive to new ideas when you're krunk than when your not. I actually think this should be an important rule of this subforum, so make sure you're good and krunk before you post, everyone!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yeah, I think I agree with this Krunkedout. I am currently getting Krunked so I can reply to Ed's thread.

I guess it might sound a tad silly but it actually makes sense in this context.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I have a friend who's gift-giving ability is either sublimely appropriate or comically off. To be safe, every Christmas she gives me figs. Also, every Christmas, she brings her fat dog. This chowhound barks whenever he sees anyone eating something he might want to eat. Earlier in the day, I told him to shut up, because those were my figs, not his. After a few shells, though, I became more generous, or at least more curious, because my heart opened under the influence of kava.

I want anyone who posts in this forum to be generous, or at least curious, and to let the kava guide one's actions with an open heart.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
"In the Pacific, in Vanuatu, the analgesic and tranquilizing properties of Piper methysticum, from which kava is made, are used ... to create a privileged moment at sunset in a secluded place - the men's enclosure (nakamal) - allowing for quiet chatting, evocation of family memories, and contacts with the hereafter, without the distraction of women, children, pigs and the turmoils of daily life. It is being promoted in the Pacific region to fight stress and alcoholism."

-- From "Drinking: anthropological approaches," by Igor de Garine.

With that in mind, the rules below are to be strictly followed.

"Off topic" is OK. A sober philosophical discussion is not.

You must be krunk when you post. One shell will do, but please consider more.

The idea here is to share and show the Mindspace of kava.

KavaKrunked

Kava Enthusiast
Prince Philip said:
"In the Pacific, in Vanuatu, the analgesic and tranquilizing properties of Piper methysticum, from which kava is made, are used ... to create a privileged moment at sunset in a secluded place - the men's enclosure (nakamal) - allowing for quiet chatting, evocation of family memories, and contacts with the hereafter, without the distraction of women, children, pigs and the turmoils of daily life. It is being promoted in the Pacific region to fight stress and alcoholism."

-- From "Drinking: anthropological approaches," by Igor de Garine.

So basically a nakamal is a South Pacific Man Cave...

I wish I had a place all to myself filled with kava and without the distraction of women, children, and pigs....

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Well, I wouldn't mind having an attractive woman around to serve me kava. As long as she doesn't drink any, though. The aphrodisiac effects might be too strong for her and make me irresistible.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I hope everyone here is clear that women are allowed to post. This is the 21st century, and we're also geographically seperated enough that the aphrodisiac effects of kava won't lead to wanton sex. At least, it never has between myself and Elizabeth II.

I would prefer if children stay off the board. One of the beautifully tragic elements of any "legal high" is that children (those humans who by definition have lower impulse control) have unregulated access to it.

Pigs are allowed on the board only if they've taken singing lessons, or can fly.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Krunkedout said:
Well, I wouldn't mind having an attractive woman around to serve me kava. As long as she doesn't drink any, though. The aphrodisiac effects might be too strong for her and make me irresistible.
Well, that is the Tongan model.

I prefer the Hawaiian model, where kava is drinkable by people of both sexes and all social classes.

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
I for one feel the term, Krunked, is @the very least distasteful for the simple reason that drinking 'Awa is nothing at all like getting drunk and much much more like getting 'stoned', if you will, (I am not in love with this descriptive designation either btw), on cannabis sativa/indica. Maybe 'K'oned' could be a compromise?

;D

j/k

Though on the serious side, that unique mind focusing property of 'Awa which allows the journier to feel extremely 'K'oned' and yet clear aware and able to communicate effectively us probably that very effect which promotes lively informative and civilized discussions such as the ones we find ourselves engaged in here.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
i find myself referring to it as getting/being 'rooted'.you drink the root, then you grow roots.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Sorry about being a little late in responding to this thread... but not on here daily.

Nonetheless, I know the term "krunk" comes form kava-drunk, but it is also a sort of style of music or dance that came about in the mid 90's. I cannot help but make that mental association when I hear it. I also like "rooted" as shakas mentioned. We had a flyer back in the day when we first opened that said "Get Rooted... at Vanuatu Kava Bar." In Vanuatu, they call it dronk with an "o." Frankly, I"m not too keen on it either, as the difference from booze is too subtle, and it also seems a bit strange to me.

A favorite of mine, that I have heard in use at some other kava bars, most notably Kat 5 in Wilmington, is "shellfaced." I'm really digging that one. It's just with the public use of "krunk" already being something very different from the kava-head usage of it, we are up against the primacy effect to get our terms to stick! (Primacy effect being the first thing people generally hear about something is that which they tend to remember about it.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=krunk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunk

Anyway, Cheers! G'night! And whatever you call it - enjoy the way the head feels.

AP

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
'Shelling' is cool. Getting Shelled etc... seems a little like bombed but not quite. ;D

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
No, not cool, not cool at all.

Some princes on this board, who will remain nameless, use kava to treat PTSD.

Before post-traumatic stress disorder was both abbreviated and demilitarized, it was known as "operational fatigue." This is a softening and a redefining of an older term, shell shock!

We are not going to use any violent metaphors at all to describe the drink of peace.

"Blissed," is OK, "Blitzed" is not. Kapeesh?