What's new

I Love Kava Friday The Rona Friday

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Today is a very special Friday for me. One of the biggest catalysts of my anxiety will be taken from me. This afternoon I am closing on the sale of my old home out by King Of Prussia PA. 10 years of happy memories, bad decisions and the headaches of home ownership for a house built over 100 years ago. Bittersweet day.
BULA!!!!

Be safe all

Zaphod

Kava Lover
"Friday" is starting to lose its meaning, as are all of the other days of the week
No kidding. I was just online with my team - we all agreed that we can continue to work this weekend, because there is really no difference between a Wednesday and a Saturday at this point. In fact most welcomed something to do.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I'm still here. Over 2 weeks and not getting better yet. Still coughing, constantly short of breath, no energy or appetite. Lost 15 pounds so far. Just to think 2 days before I got sick I could run/jog, walk for miles and weight lift. Now I need to pause and catch my breath while walking through the house. I could not imagine how devastating this could be to someone who was not already in above average physical condition.

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
I feel for you who are sick, recently been traveling to Cinci for Linear Radiosurgery. They got it worse in that area than my small town. Staying home to make sure Im well. They said it shouldn't mess with my immune system. But day 1 of treatment no thrush mouth. Day 5, thrush... Yeah I think my immune system is a little down. I am 11 year survivor of Synovial Cell Sarcoma; Started in left knee, no longer have my left patella, beat the odds though so far. Been in remission 7 times. Hopefully after this treatment I'll be in remission again. Scary to think what this can do to a fit healthy person. But did see on news where WW2 vet, survived the spanish flu, over 100, oldest American to survive the virus.

Noted the thread name, My aussy friend calls it the Rona as well.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'm still here. Over 2 weeks and not getting better yet. Still coughing, constantly short of breath, no energy or appetite. Lost 15 pounds so far. Just to think 2 days before I got sick I could run/jog, walk for miles and weight lift. Now I need to pause and catch my breath while walking through the house. I could not imagine how devastating this could be to someone who was not already in above average physical condition.
I hope you get better soon, I think I may be turning the corner. I went out for a mild walk yesterday and today, which felt amazing! Feels like I haven't gone out in forever (Been almost 4 weeks).