What's new

The Science behind Reverse Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Not sure about how anyone else thinks about this but I'm very curious about why/how most substances create tolerance and very few others have a reverse tolerance (the only one I know of is Kava). What is the scientific explanation behind this? I'm beginning to do a bit of research but if someone has knowledge on this then please share.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I honestly don't know but frankly, your avatar really freaks me out and I try to avoid looking at it.
Possibly you should try desensitizing yourself to an extreme case of krunk face. It frightened me at first too but I got used to it after a while. It took a couple of times looking into the mirror.

R

Rookietwoshoes

I can make your rear end look the same way if you're interested in keeping your look coordinated.

Free of charge, my friend.

R

Rookietwoshoes

I kid you, ofcourse. However, It is quite disturbing so I must leave this thread. Ta ta!

Bert07

Me like da kava
I sense some hostility to my avatar which I find distasteful. Where's the peace and love which is what Kava and this community is supposed to signify. You disregard my post because of my avatar? Why?

R

Rookietwoshoes

I sense some hostility to my avatar which I find distasteful. Where's the peace and love which is what Kava and this community is supposed to signify. You disregard my post because of my avatar? Why?
No one is disregarding your thread.
My apologies for commenting on your distorted avatar.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Man, you guys on here disappoint me honestly. The first time I've ever experienced unnecessary, judgmental BS on this forum.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I think you're misinterpreting Bert. Rookie is our kava den S&M mistress, it's all in jest.
As for why most drugs create tolerance and kava doesn't, I'd also like to know. Perhaps more dopamine is needed, or is that only for addiction ? I dunno, in the future, if we could figure this out, maybe all common drugs could be altered to lack tolerance and/or dependence.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Man, you guys on here disappoint me honestly. The first time I've ever experienced unnecessary, judgmental BS on this forum.
Dude, we are only joking around. As we are wont to do. (You should see what we did to Shakas' avatar in another thread) The scientific basis of reverse tolerance is an interesting question. I have wondered (with nothing to back it up, just speculating here) if it has something to do with liver enzymes. That is, is it possible that with continued kava use, the liver enzymes that metabolize kavalactones could somehow get "maxed out", thus making one more sensitive to the effects? Source: Journal of Stuff I Pulled Out of My Own Ass

Bert07

Me like da kava
Dude, we are only joking around. As we are wont to do. The scientific basis of reverse tolerance is an interesting question. I have wondered (with nothing to back it up, just speculating here) if it has something to do with liver enzymes. That is, is it possible that with continued kava use, the liver enzymes that metabolize kavalactones could somehow get "maxed out", thus making one more sensitive to the effects? Source: Journal of Stuff I Pulled Out of My Own Ass
I enjoy joking around man, I truly do. In fact I do it so often most times that I have a good sense of it. But what rookie said kind of got too far to make me think if she is really playing around or something that's straight candid.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I enjoy joking around man, I truly do. In fact I do it so often most times that I have a good sense of it. But what rookie said kind of got too far to make me think if she is really playing around or something that's straight candid.
Who knows, this is the internet, where people are free to not be themselves. I wouldn't take it too personally.

Bert07

Me like da kava
Who knows, this is the internet, where people are free to not be themselves. I wouldn't take it too personally.
I don't take it as personally as I do for the good of this forum. I believe this forum is special - a peaceful place for anyone to speak their minds and not be negatively held upon for any reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.