What's new

The Tongan initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Decided to give it a shot. It got in today around 1130ish. The bag it comes in is a nice well made bag. On one hand it doesn't say what kind of Tungan doesn't have anything to assure someone it's the same as what they might have wanted to try.
On the other hand it smells pretty good. A light clove and pumpkin spice smell. It tastes actually pretty good FWIW So far it's a kind of a nice unwind and sort of relaxed yet up lifted place. It's got it's own nice charms, it kind of reminds me almost of KF's tongan, but a little lighter.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Quick update for what it's worth so far not as spacey as KF's so far. Kind of warming physically slightly, then it's also about 80 out.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Update(again?): Oops didn't space out the shells well enough and felt a bit off, and disorientated. Fortunatly a bunch of cold water helped.
It has a neet thing where just moving like streching or wiggling my toes feels nice. So far between this or KF's their both so far pretty good in their own ways. This one doesn't have quite the same kick as KF's or BKH's. But the kind of kick it does have is nice in it's own way. Just to try it pretty strong at about 3-4 TBS in 2 cups of water has kind of a headrush, and tingles. But that mellows out some so far. It's got kind of a just mellow thing going so far.
The body jellotastic thing seems to fad to a just kind of just chill thing.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Update...number not sure what: Hmm it's growing on me in a nice way. had to add another 1tbs to the the mix and shake even more than I had before, weirdly after it then sat over night some of it's more chill afternoon side came out. It's quirky thought! yesterday It sent me to the couch almost instasntly! and for me it seems to kick at...Captain Bugsbe speed, but hen I have been getting way more into Kava's. That probably has something to do with it, right now evening summery soothing music is just fantastic. Enya and just nice soothing chillax mellow evening unwinding music is being baltherskipe nice at the moment. between this and BKH's Eua. I like BKH's a bit more., because it was a lot more consistant, lighter, and smoother for me.
Hope this is helping people decide if they might want to try it or not.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
update monday: Hmmm, I don't know what went a bit sideways. After feeling chill for a bit. Some mix of this kava, with something I ate and the heat left me feeling weird and not quite right. It did fade a bit, but then this morning a bit queezy, but also a bit foggy.
I doubt I'd get it again push my luck with what ever I made so far.

Edit when I say not at all right: Disorientated, and lightheaded with not at all right feeling of iciness, fidgetyness, even though the last cup was at 6, it built up to at first a nice chill place, but then I got restless and dizzy, and had some not at all my thing headoly mind stuff going. Kind of disociated a little. That part did fade eventually but is not at all something I care to risk experiencing again. And the just bad light gas and nausea this morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.