What's new

The Tongan Pride Effect

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I have to share something funny, it is the effect that Tongan Pride has on me. Drinking Tongan Pride puts me in a deep, sedated Hippy-Dippy state of mind lol. I thought it was a quirk but after having it happen several times this week I relised this was actually a result of the Tongan I was drinking. Yesterday my husband came home and I was cleaning house to the Kingston Trio, Jefferson Airplane and similar 60's counter culture greats, he took one look at me and said "Are you crunked?" LMAO. Yes...Yes I was. Does anyone else have these mood shifts on certain strains of Kava? If yes, explain your experiences. :pompus:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Jefferson Airplane?? I love them, but counter culture? If they are, then that's me. :)
I have actually got goofy (more than normal) without realizing it. Wifey would actually say I was actually acting goofy (and she is my test subject). It was usually when I had consumed heady kava's like Paradise extracts or some instants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

I have to share something funny, it is the effect that Tongan Pride has on me. Drinking Tongan Pride puts me in a deep, sedated Hippy-Dippy state of mind lol. I thought it was a quirk but after having it happen several times this week I relised this was actually a result of the Tongan I was drinking. Yesterday my husband came home and I was cleaning house to the Kingston Trio, Jefferson Airplane and similar 60's counter culture greats, he took one look at me and said "Are you crunked?" LMAO. Yes...Yes I was. Does anyone else have these mood shifts on certain strains of Kava? If yes, explain your experiences. :pompus:
Hey, your describing my homemade Play List on spotify. I have noticed when I do teaspoons at a time, I reach a point of giddiness that is conducive to that kind of behavior. If I do Tablespoons, then the effect is much heavier and not as giddy. Of course it has to be a heady Kava.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well for sure, you need to jam some Grateful Dead. I would Recommend, Ripple, Sugar Magnolias, Hell in a Bucket, Franklins Tower, Bid You Goodnight. Also maybe a little, Cold Wind And Rain, which is actually Jerry Garcia Band. If ya need anymore hippy Dippy stuff just ask, Its all I listen too. Much love. Roaddog....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Kava definitely often puts me into a sort of mood like that. I remember many nights recently where I've had my evening kava and my wife watches a soap opera (she calls them 'novelas') and the theme music for it is 'Strawberry Fields Forever' by the Beatles. I don't remember ever really liking that song before, but now every time I hear it while doing my evening kava, I really like it, and it seems has an even more mellowing effect on me...

If you don't mind, where did you get the Tongan Pride? I have some Tonga Lightening from KBR, but have never tried any Tongan Pride.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
no doubt about it, @Hyperion , I also feel the vibe, when I'm consuming kava. I often have YouTube, playing in the back ground, as I check the lounge. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I would really appreciate it if those of yall with KBR would run it through the test or send some to @Deleted User so he can do it.
Well Im considering getting some. If I do, I will test it. There may be others, who can do it earler. Maybe @Mysobrietytool , could perform the test. it can be a bit of a pain. But I also would like to know its test results. But they have several kinds. Really each would be tested. They have a phone number, maybe they would donate a spoonful of each kind, to be tested. I would if I was them. Unless I had something too hide. Which I doubt they do. Much Love, Roaddog.....

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I would really appreciate it if those of yall with KBR would run it through the test or send some to @Deleted User so he can do it.
I have maybe 1/4 lb of Tonga lightening, or less. It's definitely not tudei, if the test of tudei is a really potent kava that lasts two days. So, are you saying that KBR kava has never been tested?

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Well Im considering getting some. If I do, I will test it. There may be others, who can do it earler. Maybe @Mysobrietytool , could perform the test. it can be a bit of a pain. But I also would like to know its test results. But they have several kinds. Really each would be tested. They have a phone number, maybe they would donate a spoonful of each kind, to be tested. I would if I was them. Unless I had something too hide. Which I doubt they do. Much Love, Roaddog.....
Hey Roaddog, I was just out at Rex's site checking up on what he has. He currently has some of the Tongan Pride, which I've never had, Vanuatu3, which the batch I had was good, and some stuff that he admits is tudei. I just ordered some Wow from NAH and I'm going to be ordering some Nambawan from BKH in a few days, so I don't have any kava budget left to get more and my Tonga Lightening by KBR is almost gone. I don't really have the time these days to do any testing, so I think someone else is going to have to volunteer.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I have maybe 1/4 lb of Tonga lightening, or less. It's definitely not tudei, if the test of tudei is a really potent kava that lasts two days. So, are you saying that KBR kava has never been tested?
I would say trying to guess tudei from effects is probably a no go, particularly if you haven't had straight-up tudei before (have you?)

I don't think anyone has. KBR hasn't been popular here since before we had tests.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
I would say trying to guess tudei from effects is probably a no go, particularly if you haven't had straight-up tudei before (have you?)

I don't think anyone has. KBR hasn't been popular here since before we had tests.
Hey kavadude, I've never had any kava that I know was tudei. I've never intentionally ordered any of it (and won't be doing so) and I've also never had any that has been confirmed around here as tudei.

I didn't realize that KBR kava has never been tested. I just looked to make sure and I only have probably less than a quarter pound of this and I like it, it's the best kava I have right now besides my Stone. After my shipment of Wow arrives, if I still have any left, I will send some to someone here who wants to do the test, I don't have much free time these days.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm trying to get all test results organized in The Kavapedia I'm having a little difficulty doing it though, because test results are spread throughout various threads and are not located in the OP of the thread. That's where the test results need to be to show up in The Kavapedia. So if you run across any test results that are not in the OP (original post) of the thread please let me know, so I can move it there.