What's new

This is what I do to deserve kava at the end of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I thought I would post this video of my real job, this is my business and this is what I do to deserve a big bowl of kava at the end of the day.
I also did not want to hijack Gary's welcome thread, there was some talk about coming over lock stock and barrel, well this video shows my land, there is a lot of it and a lot of room to grow kava.
(y) I hope you all enjoy the video, aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Dude, your a logger and a grower! Jeez, you have a real job. You have to harvest the wood to make the wood for your Wood business just like you have to harvest your Kava for your Kava business. Now I know why Papa Kea is your favorite. If it can cure the pain of a weekend gardener (me), it can surely do the same for a logger/grower. I can't believe your land oversees the ocean. I'm packing my bags now. I think the rest of the guys are waiting for me at the airport.
Chris yells at his wife in his best Ricky Ricardo accent, Luccyyyyy, we are having company this weekend. Lucy replies, Dohhh.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
cool stuff. that's quite a bit of land! is this a family business ? how'd you acquire such a big piece of hawaiian land, if ya don't mind sharing ? Do you also have a lumber mill ? or do you take your wood to another mill somewhere ? are you also doing the woodwork for the bowls & gifts or is it by local artists ?
Nice shot of the ocean in the background (y). Sounds like a sweet gig, livin' in Hawai'i and making a living off your land. good on ya, mate.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Interesting Chris. How much of your land is dedicated to wood vs. kava? What else do you grow?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
cool stuff. that's quite a bit of land! is this a family business ? how'd you acquire such a big piece of hawaiian land, if ya don't mind sharing ? Do you also have a lumber mill ? or do you take your wood to another mill somewhere ? are you also doing the woodwork for the bowls & gifts or is it by local artists ?
Nice shot of the ocean in the background (y). Sounds like a sweet gig, livin' in Hawai'i and making a living off your land. good on ya, mate.
HI Shakas, this is my own business, I built it from the ground up, I do have a few band saw mills, one that is portable and the other is a woodmizer HD40, you can see more pictures of my operation at my website www.KoaWoodHawaii.com
I do all the woodworking, I make all kinds of bowls, pens, boxes and many other things. The biggest piece of land I have is under lease for 30 years, I also have land in Hamakua and in Mountain View and I have kava growing at all locations. Anyone who comes to the Big Island I do invite you to look me up when your hear and we can check out my kava and the land and what ever else you might want to do, and yes drinking fresh kava root is on the agenda.
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Interesting Chris. How much of your land is dedicated to wood vs. kava? What else do you grow?
I have about 8000 + acres in wood, and about 20 acres in kava, and still growing, I hope to get 50 acres in kava by the end of the year.
I just grow kava and some veggies, the fruit trees here are from the old sugar plantation camps, I also like to go digging for old antique Hawaiian bottles, I even have a website for that too at www.AntiqueHawaiianBottles.com

Chris

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
HI Shakas, this is my own business, I built it from the ground up, I do have a few band saw mills, one that is portable and the other is a woodmizer HD40, you can see more pictures of my operation at my website www.KoaWoodHawaii.com
I do all the woodworking, I make all kinds of bowls, pens, boxes and many other things. The biggest piece of land I have is under lease for 30 years, I also have land in Hamakua and in Mountain View and I have kava growing at all locations. Anyone who comes to the Big Island I do invite you to look me up when your hear and we can check out my kava and the land and what ever else you might want to do, and yes drinking fresh kava root is on the agenda.
Aloha.

Chris
whether it's 1 year or 10 years from now, I'd definitely love to come check out the farm and drink some fresh with ya....heck, with all that 'awa, lychee, mango and rambutan out there, you might just find me living in a tent months later. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.