What's new

Thoughts on Nangol Noble?

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Been waiting on BKH to stock up on some of these and noticed today they had some in stock. I ordered 2 lbs.. What are your guys thoughts on this? Im more into heady stuff and ive read both either its really heavy or really heady. Im pumped!

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
If I buy from them that's what I usually get. Not saying anything else is bad, but nangol noble is pretty potent. It can be overwhelming until you get used to the amount though.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I only had a sample that I ordered with my first order of Nambawan. I thought it was a little less heady than Nambawan, but did think it was good stuff. I certainly wouldn't called it a purely heady kava by any means, but it is both potent and has some good euphoria. I just ordered my second pound of Nambawan together with a 1/2 pound of Nangol. I've spent way too much money on kava lately! :angelic I might have to try to reduce expenses elsewhere till my next paycheck. But hopefully I can make the 4.5 pounds that has been in transit last a little while (I need to take dermo break soon anyway; hands aren't bleeding yet, but there's no denying that I've got dermo again).

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I was looking at Nambawan too but it was a little more pricier so I went with Nangol. There are a few reviews of it but they go back a couple years even so I was just asking for recent input. Thank you guys for replying!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Its fairly heavy but it's also quite heady. Energizing but intoxicating. Easily a 4 star kava or more in my book.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I have a few pounds of Nambawan and Nangol on the way. It will be my first time with Nangol.

I'll wait until I finish a whole pound and review it. It's true that for such a high quality product, an updated review would be nice!

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I always liked nambawan a lot. I probably won't be able to buy it again unless the price goes down to the 60/lb range again. I cant bring myself to spend into the 70s on 1 lb after shipping is calculated. It's always consistent and good though. It's a little like nangol but more euphoric and blissful. Maybe less numbing though. Nangol is more couch surfer. They both taste similar imo.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I have a few pounds of Nambawan and Nangol on the way. It will be my first time with Nangol.

I'll wait until I finish a whole pound and review it. It's true that for such a high quality product, an updated review would be nice!
My second bag of Nambawan is on the way. I finished my first pound in 4.5 days! Definitely a bit much; a hazard for me when I get a new kava on the headier side.

NotKrunk

Kava Curious
I tried this the first time, a couple of days ago, 6 tablespoons and trad prep. I thought it was okay....kinda meh. balanced but nothing really worth mentioning. Then the next day in the late morning decided to have 3 tablespoons with the wife and sit in the spa, blew my hair back. Lots of euphoria and then just a nice mellow.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I've got my bag last week. Did a super strong grog and drank a lot. I felt the same meh.
Anyway I was saying that I'm gonna review it when I'll finish up the bag. So wait and see. I'm confident that it will be very nice, despite my first experience.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
For me, when i first tried it, I was not the most impressed. However after having it for several days, I feel like this is some great kava! Not as heady as id like, but still good and potent.

This usually happens to me. When I try a new kava, it dosent do much til I consume it for mutiple days. Maybe something to do with the different kavalactone structure of each strain? Probably in my head.

David H.

Kava Curious
Nangol is strong. Very strong. Strongest I've ever tried, in fact. I haven't touched it for about 2 months. While most of my experiences have been good, my last session with nangol was pretty rough. The euphoria was so strong that it sent me into a panic attack. I know it sounds utterly ridiculous, but it really sent me over the edge. I'm actually trying some nangol again tonight, although in a much smaller amount. It's effects are also very psychedelic for me. So much so that I'll occasionally start imagining sounds/shapes and feel like i'm on the verge of a trip. It's the only kava that puts me in a very spiritual headspace. 14 tablespoons of nangol, and I'm laying in the grass in my backyard staring at the stars and talking with whatever higher being(s) might exist.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Nangol is strong. Very strong. Strongest I've ever tried, in fact. I haven't touched it for about 2 months. While most of my experiences have been good, my last session with nangol was pretty rough. The euphoria was so strong that it sent me into a panic attack. I know it sounds utterly ridiculous, but it really sent me over the edge. I'm actually trying some nangol again tonight, although in a much smaller amount. It's effects are also very psychedelic for me. So much so that I'll occasionally start imagining sounds/shapes and feel like i'm on the verge of a trip. It's the only kava that puts me in a very spiritual headspace. 14 tablespoons of nangol, and I'm laying in the grass in my backyard staring at the stars and talking with whatever higher being(s) might exist.
Your getting me to want to have a nangol sesh tonight. Leggo!