What's new

Thoughts on this kava product?

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all - I know most members prefer the traditional prep method, but I heard about this kava product on several podcasts and am curious what peoples’ opinions are. Any concerns with this mixture of ingredients?

• 100 mg of Piper Methysticum

• 50 mg of N-Nicotinoyl GABA

• 12 mg of Hemp Extract (CBD 10mg, CBG 2mg)

Other Ingredients: Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Lemon Essential Oil, Reb M, Luo Han Guo, Annato

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all - I know most members prefer the traditional prep method, but I heard about this kava product on several podcasts and am curious what peoples’ opinions are. Any concerns with this mixture of ingredients?

• 100 mg of Piper Methysticum

• 50 mg of N-Nicotinoyl GABA

• 12 mg of Hemp Extract (CBD 10mg, CBG 2mg)

Other Ingredients: Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), Lemon Essential Oil, Reb M, Luo Han Guo, Annato
Picamilon. That's the second ingredient there. It's a non-approved (classified as an adulterant by the FDA) drug in the United States and a prescription drug in Russia. It may also have a withdrawal profile (angiogenesis or anxiety increasing withdrawal symptoms) after continual use. Not sure I would go that route considering it's supposed to augment GABA levels and hasn't been approved.

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
Picamilon. That's the second ingredient there. It's a non-approved (classified as an adulterant by the FDA) drug in the United States and a prescription drug in Russia. It may also have a withdrawal profile (angiogenesis or anxiety increasing withdrawal symptoms) after continual use. Not sure I would go that route considering it's supposed to augment GABA levels and hasn't been approved.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback! I’ve been on the fence about trying this and it sounds like it’s best to leave it alone. Appreciate it!