What's new

I Love Kava Friday Toilet Paper Friday

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey kava lovers, in the midst of this chaos I wish you a calm and happy weekend. If you haven't stocked up on kava, now might officially be time to take care of that.

I hope we can make it through to the other side with a renewed appreciation for the exquisite opportunity to be alive on this awesome planet.

Bula, friends.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I have a weird thought, maybe someone in here could weigh in:

How was it that the "I like all music except rap and country" viewpoint became so common maybe 10-15 years ago? I can't say I've listened to more country music lately but I've given a shot to 90's rap and I listened to an entire Kendrick Lamar album and I like to think good rap is no less in-depth than good music from other genres. I was always listening to vidjagaem soundtracks and EDM most days though even when I was growing up. But right this minute I want to listen to some John Denver.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

How was it that the "I like all music except rap and country" viewpoint became so common maybe 10-15 years ago? I can't say I've listened to more country music lately but I've given a shot to 90's rap and I listened to an entire Kendrick Lamar album and I like to think good rap is no less in-depth than good music from other genres. I was always listening to vidjagaem soundtracks and EDM most days though even when I was growing up. But right this minute I want to listen to some John Denver.
I think it was common because rap and country were more homogeneous. They observed certain rules about the style and stuck to them in the past. These days people are blending styles and genres in such creative ways that it's almost hard to classify some types of music.

There's lot's of good types of rap these days. The genre has split up into many different sub-genres even adding styles commonly found in EDM music (Bass House, Trap)

Now, country? No thank you. All respect to those that enjoy it. I listen to some music that other people find quite annoying, so no judgement here.

There's only so many songs I can handle about dogs, girlfriends, summer, and pickup trucks. I blame my city's surroundings for wearing me out on country at such a young age. There are a number of tracks that I would consider "crossover", but even those make my ears hurt.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Now, country? No thank you. All respect to those that enjoy it. I listen to some music that other people find quite annoying, so no judgement here.

There's only so many songs I can handle about dogs, girlfriends, summer, and pickup trucks. I blame my city's surroundings for wearing me out on country at such a young age. There are a number of tracks that I would consider "crossover", but even those make my ears hurt.
I partly blame my "it all sounds the same" ears, but I don't feel like country has innovated nearly as much as rap and hip hop has in the past 10 years. I remember hearing a pretty bad country song, something about a guy doing whatever a girl wants, like whatever she's drinking, or whatever she's listening to on her iPod. This was about 2014! I know iPods were still around at that time but I doubt the guy singing that song knew you could still buy one. I was helping a neighbor out with tree cutting and that was the radio station he had on in his truck.

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Hey kava lovers, in the midst of this chaos I wish you a calm and happy weekend. If you haven't stocked up on kava, now might officially be time to take care of that.

I hope we can make it through to the other side with a renewed appreciation for the exquisite opportunity to be alive on this awesome planet.

Bula, friends.

Very well put.

Care for those that you love. Now is the time to come together, make amends and bury the past. Our lives will not be the same after this. Let’s all come together and become a better mankind when this passes

kastom_lif

Kava Lover

I totally like rap and country. Like any music, the more you’re exposed to it the more you learn which songs you like and don’t like.