What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tongan Family Reserve

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Very potent, I love it. Kind of tingly on the back of my head , strong numbing on the lips . It has created a nice ambiance . Reminds me of the old Purple Moi I got back in the day though more social. It would be great at a kava bar with the entire cast of Kava Forums in attendance . A potent heavy heady! Quick shipping and great presentation . As I've said before I don't suffer from anxiety but I can't imagine anyone would after 4Tbsp.s of this wonderful Tongan kava. I'm very relaxed , no muscle pain but very alert not having to fight to stay awake. I am listening to the this kava and it's saying have some more but just two level Tbsp.s for this one.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
The entire "cast" of kavaforums?... Wait, is this all just an elaborate performance? :grumpy::wideyed:
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon’s mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ah come on Kapmcrunk there are less egos here than at an Ekhart Tolle convention!
Ok, had to google that one but yes, we don't have people throwing their weight around here much. More just looking up from their kava contemplation and nodding politely, answering a few questions then going back to kava induced meditation.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Ok, had to google that one but yes, we don't have people throwing their weight around here much. More just looking up from their kava contemplation and nodding politely, answering a few questions then going back to kava induced meditation.
I like that perspective quite a bit. Kava induced meditation just might be the best way to describe moderate kava use during the daily grind.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Tolle's A New Earth really helped me out with meditation. I have visualized for decades and always thought it was meditation but it's not. The book is cool
it works like downloading a virus that cracks ego. I just read it in small bites over a few weeks and pretty soon the ego cracks and it's over! The Tolle videos on youtube
on the other hand will put me to sleep quicker than Dua Na Bilo Premium Waka does!

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
Tolle's A New Earth really helped me out with meditation. I have visualized for decades and always thought it was meditation but it's not. The book is cool
it works like downloading a virus that cracks ego. I just read it in small bites over a few weeks and pretty soon the ego cracks and it's over! The Tolle videos on youtube
on the other hand will put me to sleep quicker than Dua Na Bilo Premium Waka does!
I loved "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". Also agree with your statement about Dua Na Bilo. lol

Reactions: Myk

Jerome

Kava Lover
@Myk or @Kapmcrunk or whoever!

The "purple mo'i" you speak of... Is that the root the fowler's used to sell through Nuka Hiva?

I may have to try it if you say it reminds you of that.

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
I ordered some Tongan Family Reserve after reading reviews here in the forum. Ordered on the 21st and still haven't received it. At $18.99 for shipping would have thought it would show up in a couple of days like my Squanch and Cactus Kava did. Hmmm....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I ordered some Tongan Family Reserve after reading reviews here in the forum. Ordered on the 21st and still haven't received it. At $18.99 for shipping would have thought it would show up in a couple of days like my Squanch and Cactus Kava did. Hmmm....
Someone correct me, but I believe they're shipping from outside the US.

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
I sure didn't know that, @Kapmcrunk I didn't see anything on the website about that either. That might explain the delay and high cost of shipping, if that's the case.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I sure didn't know that, @Kapmcrunk I didn't see anything on the website about that either. That might explain the delay and high cost of shipping, if that's the case.
You know, I just looked over the website and the facebook page and you're right.

Bowen Island, BC is where I'm assuming their base of operations are at the moment. (Edit: or somewhere around those parts)

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
@Myk or @Kapmcrunk or whoever!

The "purple mo'i" you speak of... Is that the root the fowler's used to sell through Nuka Hiva?

I may have to try it if you say it reminds you of that.
No it was from Jonathan Yee. The Fowler's sold PNG and some others. This was early 2000's well before the noble issue . I bought more right after I did that review , it's right up there on my favorites list.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Good folks the Fowlers , I remember chatting with Rebecca the last order I placed , the ocean was raging due to a large storm. I don't think I ever
got that order:(

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
You know, I just looked over the website and the facebook page and you're right.

Bowen Island, BC is where I'm assuming their base of operations are at the moment. (Edit: or somewhere around those parts)
Yup it's from Canada but
well worth the wait time.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Good folks the Fowlers , I remember chatting with Rebecca the last order I placed , the ocean was raging due to a large storm. I don't think I ever
got that order:(
Yes. They were my first online kava purchase. But they also used to sell moi and I preferred theirs to Yees. One thing they sold was bundles of moi root hairs which was possibly the best way I have ever ingested kava. I wish a vendor here would do that!

Reactions: Myk