What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tongan Family Reserve

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I have found a lot of difficulty finding strains I like. I get very sickly feeling from a lot of things very easily. VERY easily. 11 year waka destroyed me once for example. This Kava does not need the definition of Heady or Heavy, this is just what Kava should be the perfect balance. The drink to drown out the day. The drink to prevent you from picking up the wine bottle that's lying next to your desk which if it wasn't for Kava you would be drinking. This Kava is extremely potent, yet not overwhelming.

I don't really know what to say about it's effects. A lot of effects in the neck and back of head area. It's a kava if you really "listen" to you can feel it in your whole body. I really have no need to try other vendor's Kava's anymore as this really fits the bill for me without overwhelming me. Great stuff. I can never truly get calm, my anxiety is so severe I don't think any drug can, but this gets as close to alcohol as I've gotten from anything "safe".

I'm not a daily user so I have no idea how strong this must be for you krunked out son of a bitches but I'd imagine it'd be extra enjoyable. :)

Try this. I really wish I could experience this to the max I know is possible, but my problems prevent it. I can only imagine this if I was doing better I'd be in outer space lol.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify this is the best Kava I've ever had.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For a krunked out sob this stuff is strong, as strong as one would ever want a kava to be.

I found it to be more "behind the eyes" than any other kava I've had. And probably more euphoric. The euphoria is most pronounced on the first shell, but it lasts a solid 10 - 15 minutes. THe rest of the experience is very pleasant, too. Primo.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
For a krunked out sob this stuff is strong, as strong as one would ever want a kava to be.

I found it to be more "behind the eyes" than any other kava I've had. And probably more euphoric. The euphoria is most pronounced on the first shell, but it lasts a solid 10 - 15 minutes. THe rest of the experience is very pleasant, too. Primo.
Yeah it's really my only go to now.

Kavanaught

Kava Curious
Costs $53/half pound, including shipping. I typically go through a pound a week, so I am hoping I dont like this kava too much, as I will be spending more than 5 grand in kava a year.:)

Reactions: Myk

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I just have it once a week, that way I have enough for a year but thing is Mahakea costs me more because of customs charges.

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Tried this out for the first time after waiting patiently for it to arrive from Canada. 2 x 2tbs Aluballs in ~350mL of warm water = not my most pleasant kava experience. I wouldn't quite accuse it of making me anxious, but I definitely felt uneasy. Every other thing people call potent has required just as much as "not-as-potent" kavas for me but I am wondering if I need to try a single ball and/or splitting it into 2 175mL shells. I am guessing that mixing it with Mahakea would be great, though, so I am going to try that first.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
Some of the other Tongan's make me uneasy but not this one. Maybe try traditional prep with a smaller amount or blending it with a heavy kava. Usually I get a heavier experience than allu balling it.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Tried this out for the first time after waiting patiently for it to arrive from Canada. 2 x 2tbs Aluballs in ~350mL of warm water = not my most pleasant kava experience. I wouldn't quite accuse it of making me anxious, but I definitely felt uneasy. Every other thing people call potent has required just as much as "not-as-potent" kavas for me but I am wondering if I need to try a single ball and/or splitting it into 2 175mL shells. I am guessing that mixing it with Mahakea would be great, though, so I am going to try that first.
The later batch just wasn't the same as the first so I believe it.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Tried it again after a while. Got REALLY krunked out. Still not the same euphoria back fo neck blissful feeling from the first batch but definitely better then expected.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Tried it again after a while. Got REALLY krunked out. Still not the same euphoria back fo neck blissful feeling from the first batch but definitely better then expected.
It's a really good, strong, balanced kava once the euphoria wears off. Very comparable to both Squanch and Damu, IMO, for both the strength and potency, and also the dreams it provokes.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I never get the same experience from the same Kava, biochemically we are all changing all the time, we are never the same person. Just sayin, it's likely not the Kava.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I never get the same experience from the same Kava, biochemically we are all changing all the time, we are never the same person. Just sayin, it's likely not the Kava.
Does seem so. Certain kava's work well for me at certain times, then at other times make me feel a bit ill.