What's new

Powdered Kava Review Tongan Pride kava

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Great wind down to wind up kava I drink this kava after work usually.to give me a little boost to finish and relax at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I got some Tongan Pride last year and again recently. ...and it seems almost like a different plant from the 1st time.
The Tongan Pride from last year had that distinct creamy, nutty , buttery smell and flavor. It also had more of a clean clear kavain feeling with a bit of something else that still kept me sedated through out the night, but not heavy enough to really be a muscle melter.
The Tongan Pride I got recently had the sharper, spicier kava scents & flavors (but still a bit on the mild side)...and they were also reflected in it's effects. That kavain feeling was much less pronounced and it's heavier aspects were more distinct.

I recall Rex selling his Van. 3 a bit differently a few months ago...he said that batch was made with more lateral roots mixed in, making it feel a bit more like the stronger body high kavas. He mentioned at the time that his regular Kavain-y Van3 was gonna be back soon.
This has me thinking that perhaps he was out of Tongan Pride when I ordered, so, he just packed up some of his left over lateral root Van.3 and shipped that instead. I of course can't prove this, it's just a theory...and I don't really care. But I think it perfectly explains how the the scent/taste & effects changed between my two Tongan Pride experiences.