What's new

Tongan

kl.kavanah

Kava Curious
Wow, no N@H Tongan kava thread yet? Made some last night. Previously I've had the fire island instant and Solomon's Island. This was the first time enjoying kava with someone else. My friend had never had kava before. I made 4 cups with 8 tbsp of root. We each had about 4 half-cup shells over the course of an hour. The smell reminded both of us of paint a little bit. I didn't mind the taste and found the aftertaste pretty pleasant. There was a giddiness that hit really quickly after downing each shell. It didn't last long but was followed by a heaviness of mind and body. After the last shell I wanted to curl up and sleep. My fiance was present but not imbibing and a little bored, so while we were still both feeling it quite a bit we watched some clips at funnyordie.com and some old MADTV clips on youtube. For a time I didn't realize how heavily it was still effecting me. Once he left and the computer was off I felt it again. It was hitting pretty hard for a good three or four hours after finishing it all. This morning, about 13 hours after polishing off the last of the kava, I still feel a little bit of the heaviness in my body. Maybe this batch had an especially high quantity of lateral roots. I probably slept a little less but as usual had an epic dream.

As far as the experiences while he was here, my friend reported a similar experience to my own. Will have to see if he's also still feeling some heaviness of body this morning.

I ordered some Wow as well. I'm waiting until I have the place to myself one evening to try it.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Amazing. I just had an anti-energy shot called "Quick to sleep" that mirrors the effects you described above. Tongan is my favorite variety (sorry, Tanna), which is odd because I keep consistantly reaching for Kava by Rex Tudei. In order to match the effects I had from Nakamal@home Tongan, I had to up the ratio to a 1.5 cups per gallon. I don't always make whole gallons, but it is pretty consistant that I do.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I have nothing but good to say about Tongan Kava. Of all N@H's products I like that one the most. It is heavy hitting but it doesnt accour to you at first as kavanah said. The taste is pine tree like with a scent of paint/thinner. I find it fairly pleasant tasting as far as kava goes. A friend of mind described it as having a 'wild jungle taste'. There isnt a whole lot to add to what kavanah said about its effects really. It is spot on. I have noticed that it sharpens my reaction time when I play online shooters. Whever I play after having a few shells of N@H's Tongan kava I experience that it is really easy to get 'into the zone'. A state of mind of full concentration yet strangely relaxed and effordless in what I do. I seem to get an almost supernatural sense of time in which I make decisions on visual input faster (and better/more precise) than usual.  I warmly recommend this kava.

On a sidenote. Have any of you been into contact with N@H lately? I wrote them a while ago because I got some odd reactions to WOW! that my friends do not get and that other Kavas does not cause. I have not heard a thing and I am unable to order from their webpage. Usually they are blazing fast with everything. Am I just unlucky or do anyone have info?

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
That is odd. Last Facebook communication from them was on the 6th. Because I have the (bad?) habit of ordering things in bulk, I really haven't interacted with them on an economic level for a while.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I had a hard time using their contact form on the website and ended up using an email address I found years ago. Let me know if you want the address, I'll dig for it.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I have emails from earlier transactions. I have bought 10+  kg's from them over the last year. I hope it's nothing. I would find it devestating to loose access to my favorite kava.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I just got a shipment from N@H vis-a-vis Jeffrey Bowman about two weeks ago. Everything seems fine. They are going to begin marketing a new Kava that I sampled. It is called a Kava "power shot" which is absorbed with kavalactones. You make it just the same way you do any other Kava, but it packs a bigger punch. I'll write a review when I get the green light from them.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
Just heard from them. Everything is as usual on their end. I should probably do some checkups on my system. Also, G-mails seems to have a real problem with hotmail. Other people I know doesnt get my mails either. Powershot sounds interresting. Ill hold my next order for a bit.

kl.Project460

Kava Enthusiast
To anyone that has KBR (Kava by Rex) Tudei kava and N@H Tongan, trying doing a serving of tongan (whatever you like 2 tbsp per cup etc.) and "spike it" with 2 tbsp of tudei. It really enhances it. Really. Good combo.

Edit: And about the shipping, I ordered a while ago and it went through. Hope you solve your problem!

kl.Lanake

Kava Curious
I only use 1/4 cup for each 20 ounces of water. The 1 cup root 2 cup water ratio will burn through a bag of kava pretty quick. There's about 4-5 cups of kava per pound. I've never used more than 1 cup kava and 32 ounces of water.

Perhaps because I've been drinking kava for a couple years now I don't need to make as strong to get the effect.