What's new

Tonight's kava prep!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula!

Tonight, I brewed in a wooden bowl, 30 grams of Solomon kava root, Purple Temotu cultivar, 7/10 waka and 3/10 lawena blend, in 750ml water. I took a big sip and then began making another bowl, 50grams in 750ml water, traditional prep as well. I combined both brews in a jar.

I could have brewed 80g in 1500ml water, not sure why I chose to do it this way. I'll have the rest tomorrow, I appreciate having premade kava available for myself,especially when I made it. (that's the only way it gets made around here so far, ha ha.) Tasty stuff, strong kava as well! Pairs well with sour blueberries.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Glad you asked, @Kavavan , I brew my kava for five to eight minutes each time. Sometimes it feels longer or shorter, I believe each brew is given at least five minutes of saturating in the bowl of water and squeezing in /under the water. The final strain can be in the air.

Brewing time makes a big difference. If I brewed less time,I'd get half strength kava. If I brewed longer, it would be an effective way to make kava with more water in the tanoa at equal strength.