What's new

Torn between a few vendors

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
Thinking mostly GHK mahakea or N@H stone. But Bula is tempting too, used to love 11 year and Nangol. Got back into kava lately after years so I’m not up to date on the recent offerings, kavatime was insanely potent this month but we all know that’s gone for a while. Ordered some Lapita from kavafied too so we’ll see how that goes.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Thinking mostly GHK mahakea or N@H stone. But Bula is tempting too, used to love 11 year and Nangol. Got back into kava lately after years so I’m not up to date on the recent offerings, kavatime was insanely potent this month but we all know that’s gone for a while. Ordered some Lapita from kavafied too so we’ll see how that goes.
I would put mahakea and stone in two very different buckets...Mahakea is much more balanced more gentle heady kava. Stone is much heavier in my opinion. KT has been a favorite of mine for at least a couple of months. Ambae is top notch.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
In the last month or 2 I've had KWK Loa Waka, KT Koro waka, Kavafied Kava Tonga, N@H WOW, BKH Nangol, BKH MeloMelo and my locally purchased waka.
While they've all been enjoyable, the stand-out kava, for me, is definitely the MeloMelo.

Mahakea is good for a certain vibe and Stone is good for another...but ya know what's better; Mahakea and Stone. :D

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
@tonythefiddler don't discount Wow from N@H, that's not exactly like Mahekea or Stone but maybe somewhere in between?
So Wow would be more heady you’d say than stone but less so than mahakea? What about pure strength, I like heady or heavy, potent is better for me. Mostly because I’m cheap and want a bang for my buck lol.

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
In the last month or 2 I've had KWK Loa Waka, KT Koro waka, Kavafied Kava Tonga, N@H WOW, BKH Nangol, BKH MeloMelo and my locally purchased waka.
While they've all been enjoyable, the stand-out kava, for me, is definitely the MeloMelo.

Mahakea is good for a certain vibe and Stone is good for another...but ya know what's better; Mahakea and Stone. :D
May have to give Melo a shot, always passed over it on BKH and went nangol or Waka.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So Wow would be more heady you’d say than stone but less so than mahakea? What about pure strength, I like heady or heavy, potent is better for me. Mostly because I’m cheap and want a bang for my buck lol.
Wow is an odd beast for me, I find it can be quite heady at first but then it slides into a nice sedation and you get the body feel like a heavy. It's not quite as strong as the stone, it's not a total knockout heavy kava but personally I prefer it to stone for it's greater range of effects.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I agree fully with @Edward 's comments above on WoW.

I started out really not appreciating heavier kavas.
But Edward has nailed it concisely. WoW definitely has a unique blend of euphoric headiness and simultaneous sedation and mental relaxation.

It is certainly not outright heavy for sure, but at the same time can easily fulfill a heavy kava drinker's requirements.

Kelai from KS New Zealand is also very potent. It is very heady, but not at all jittery or anxious, and has a subtle underlying sleepy effect to provide a bit of balance.

Roots of Happiness Tongan Family Reserve is also pretty potent. Very heady again.

Their Vanuatu Noble Warrior, I think it is called, also looks good. Will be more balanced than the Family Reserve and Tongan Choice, but not overly heavy I don't expect.

I imagine all of GourmetHawaian Kava's offerings will be top potency.

I only tried the M'oi, which is purely heady.

There are, to be fair, plenty of very high quality, high potency cultivars and vendors out there to be fair, particularly for US residents.